Emby Server V MCM

Jasoon

Just wondering is there any point in using MCM, ive had Media Centre Master for years and while i do like the program im finding the core part of it dosnt work due to sites getting blocked or shut down...

Dose the metadata tools in Emby do the same as MCM?

I do like to be able to enter in the number from TVDB and it creates the folder etc for the selected tv series can emby do this?

The other problem ive noticed is that i was having problems with emby server shutting down during a library scan, when i did a clean windows 7 install onto my SSD i had no problems at all with emby server, but when i was adding some TV series using MCM MCM crashed and i had to use task manager to close it down and from then on the server shutting down issue started again...

Ive now un-installed MCM and reinstalled emby server and touch wood it seems to be stable again....

CBers

Hi Jasoon.

I was a long time MCM user, but when MB3 was released 2 years ago, I stopped using it and let Emby do it all.

Never looked back :)

You can't directly add anything within Emby, but you can create an empty TV series folder and Emby will fetch the relevant metadata.

I personally use Sonarr to add TV series.

Edited by CBers

Karbowiak

No it can't, Emby's metadata manager won't touch your files.

For that i recommend Sonarr (NzbDrone) for TV shows and Couchpotato for movies.
Also might want to add Jackett to Sonarr, so it can interface with a lot of trackers if you're into that.

Enjoy! ;)

Deathsquirrel

I also used to use MCM.  I stopped when the metadata editor in Emby got easy to use.  Since Emby is the only app using my metadata I didn't really benefit from using any other tool to create it.

wiretap

I used to use MCM as well. I still have it installed, just because in some ways it is easier to edit things versus Emby's metadata manager. But lately, everything has been recognized perfectly by Emby. I think I've only used MCM once in the past month.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I think im going to try and stick with emby for now, i think the only thing ill miss is the missing episode scan of MCM.

And if it was MCM that was causing an issue with emby then im better of with out it tbh...

CBers

You might find that information on the Reports section.

If not, raise a Feature Request.

• Like 1

trusselo

I still use MCM,

for the auto-downloading and organizing.

not so much the metadata but it is a good assistant to cover all your bases.

not sure what these major features you are mentioning that dont work....

• Like 1

shaefurr

Same as Trusselo, I used to use MCM for all my metadata, but now I only use it for the auto downloading feature. Run it once every morning to grab new tv shows. I still let emby organize them though and do the rest.

trusselo

@@trusselo

Living in the UK a lot of the torrent sites have now been blocked so MCM struggles to keep shows up to date..

those torrent sites can still be used if you use a custom host name in the settings page.

kat.cr

thepiratebay.la

ect...  many of those sites have multiple web addresses. find one that works in your location.

Same as Trusselo, I used to use MCM for all my metadata, but now I only use it for the auto downloading feature. Run it once every morning to grab new tv shows. I still let emby organize them though and do the rest.

I have my server auto download and parse downloads TV every 15 minutes,   I like to be up to date,