Emby Connect not working over WAN

space2001

space2001

I am able to login but when I click my server its gives a Connection Error. We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.Please ensure it is running and try again.

On local lan it connects but not over the net.

Everything has been working fine before today.

space2001

Never had to with Emby connect it has always worked.

Why would it work then all of a sudden not work?

Will have to check

badaas

I have the opposite.

I can login with my external IP, but not over my local lan using web client button on forum.

I think this is same for if I enter the static IP on my local LAN, no dice..

Edited by badaas

I have the opposite.

I can login with my external IP, but not over my local lan using web client button on forum.

The "Web client" button on the forum is going over the internet.  You will need to use your Emby Connect credentials.

badaas

The "Web client" button on the forum is going over the internet.  You will need to use your Emby Connect credentials.

Yh I do, I login with my username, choose server and get dialog about connection refused.

I know there is sometimes known OS issue with Windows losing IP if something or other until a reboot. Will check that now..

edit:

sorry im hijacking this thread!

will start a new one if it becomes a major issue, i can login remote with emby connext just no local even after reboot.

ok, sorry OP ! :D

http://imgur.com/A9e8Mtm

Edited by badaas

Vidman

Yh I do, I login with my username, choose server and get dialog about connection refused.

I know there is sometimes known OS issue with Windows losing IP if something or other until a reboot. Will check that now..

edit:

sorry im hijacking this thread!

will start a new one if it becomes a major issue, i can login remote with emby connext just no local even after reboot.

ok, sorry OP ! :D

http://imgur.com/A9e8Mtm

your router must support hairpinning to loopback to your own ip from within your lan

trusselo

the other day, Norton just up and decided that it wanted to start blocking Emby windows app on the local network.

worked fine for months/years....  but the other day changed its mind.

might want to check firewall, and port forwarding settings.

as suggested, might want to setup your server with a local static IP  eg 192.168,1,10