ServerWMC with WMC client?

Blue407

Blue407

Morning All

Not sure if this is possible, but I will ask anyway:-

I have installed ServerWMC on my WMC Host PC, configured it and appears to be working as it can see both tuners.

For the WAF (Wife acceptance factor), I don't want to change too much at once. We are used to using WMC on our HTPC, watching live TV, setting scheduled recordings etc.

Is it possible to get a client WMC (Our HTPC in the Lounge) to connect to ServerWMC for the tuners? To be able to schedule recordings, watch live TV etc from the HTPC.

I know ServerWMC is designed to use Kodi/Emby for the client, but as step one I would love to keep the WMC interface for TV. We also have an internal tuner in the WMC client, used for live TV and recording.

At a later date, when I have had a chance to evaluate Kodi/Emby we may change, but for now I need to minimise the changes.

Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions.

krustyreturns

Sorry, there is no way to make wmc act as a client to serverwmc.  You should check on wmc forums, because it is possible to approximate the client/server setup using two wmc installs.  

Anecdotal but I am in the process of testing Kodi because I'd like to move some low power (read old) PC to Win 10 and you can run Kodi alongside WMC. So far I am wondering why I was so married to WMC.

• Like 1

Blue407

Anecdotal but I am in the process of testing Kodi because I'd like to move some low power (read old) PC to Win 10 and you can run Kodi alongside WMC. So far I am wondering why I was so married to WMC.

So you will use Kodi for the front end then? and ServerWMC on backend with Tuners?