Metadata Manager hangs - large library

davidtjudd

davidtjudd

It seems like the Metadata Manager treeview control is unable to handle large libraries. I'm currently at 3k+ and it is struggling. It either hangs with the spinner on load or if it does load usage is extremely slow to completely stopping. This is understandable seeing as the control was never designed for this many nodes. My suggestion would be an alternate view with something that pages or breaks up entries by alphanumeric.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I have the same issues with the metadata manager, to the point where it will cause Emby to become unresponsive and I will have to restart the server. The issues with the metadata manager and stability are the only things preventing me from becoming a supporter, because everything else about Emby is so wonderful.

Man, this problem is really messing with my experience. It seems to cause a lot of side affects and prevents regular use of the Emby server. Often when I try to edit an item I get the infinite spinner when the metadata manager is loading. I'm not sure if it eventually loads, but I can wait for 10+ minutes without it loading. If I navigate back to home and try to open a library item or media folder, the web client hangs and I get the infinite spinner again. So Emby becomes completely unusable until the original hang is resolved I guess. Usually I revisit my computer hours later and the issue has resolved itself. However, if I go to edit another item or try to access the metadata manager, I'm back in the same vicious cycle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
SpiderValley

The metadata scraper is usually pretty accurate, but I dread having to identify a movie via the web client due to this issue. The only time I have any luck is when I restart the server and edit the movie right after.

The identify function is accessible from many of the three dot menus now so you don't need to drill into the metadata manager to use it.