Photo Screensaver

ads

Hi Guys

Not a Emby user yet...Live TV was the blocker in the past

Anyway

Wondering if any of the clients (shield, fire tv , etc) have an option to display a screen saver of photo like windows media centre

My wife loves this feature

In windows media centre you just point it to a folder and after X amount of time it starts to pull the photos from the server

Does something like this exist?

Quick search only shows some discussions from 2014 so don't know if this was done or on the list

Thanks

The devices themselves have screen savers built in that pull from either Google or Amazon for images (quite nice ones).

I honestly haven't investigated if either device allows you to customize to your own pictures.  I don't have plans to try to put this in the app since it is already a part of the device.

CBers

I honestly haven't investigated if either device allows you to customize to your own pictures. I don't have plans to try to put this in the app since it is already a part of the device.

Would be a nice addition, as neither the Nexus Player or the Fire TV currently allow you to play your own photos, unless they're stored in their own cloud service.

Local playback isn't an option.

Unless someone knows different.

Edited by CBers

The thing is, on these devices, I don't know that we have the ability to disable the built-in one.  So, that, plus the fact they do have built-in ones puts this pretty far down on the priority list.  Not saying never, just there are a lot more important things atm.

• Like 1