Cant display subtitles on Android TV

thostr

thostr

Hi I recently bought a Nexus Player, and cant seem to view any subtitles on my videos.

It does not matter if its a external or internal srt file, sub file or what ever.

What can I do to correct this?

I have Emby server v3.0.5675.1 on QNAP

Please give us specific information on the format of the videos, the format of the subs (both can be found in the detail page of the web client) and the playback mechanism within the app - meaning is it transcoding or direct streaming?  Using VLC or the internal player?

In the app on the OSD, there is an indicator as to whether it is transcoding or direct and in which player.  It will say something like "Trans/I" or "Direct/V".

thostr

Thank you for fast reply.

Mediainfo for one example that does not display subtitles is attached.

Actually I found out then activated VLC player, the subtitles was displayed. Then it played Direct/V. But is still does not show subtitles with internal player on Trans/I.

I have sent you a log minutes ago via app if it helps :)

post-3890-0-33967700-1439934970_thumb.png

Edited by Strunov

It is kind of both.  One of the reasons we are making the move to VLC is due to much better/easier handling of things like subs.

It should still work in most cases when transcoding with the internal player but it can be very slow to start.  What, exactly, happened when you tried it while transcoding?

Does the item play back okay with VLC and show the subs?