Movie Display Question from new user

optical_guru

optical_guru

Hi folks, 

Am trying to get started with Emby. Coming from Mymovies and WMC and have a few questions. Do any other users use the My Movies xml generator? If so, do you use the Emby xml or the Kodi nfo? I have found that either it is not that good or the ability of Emby to read the files is missing something (for example it missed the movie id for scrappers in a few scenarios). Second, is there a way to denote which moves are 3D in the Movies view? I can play them with my external player, but when I go to the movie view I see two copies of the same movie (one is 3D and one is regular BLu-ray). How can I get Emby to let me know which is which? I set up the 3D movie in the Metadata configurator but I do not see where the end user can see that. 

Thanks. 

Vidman

You could use the cover art plugin which will add a "case" over the movie poster showing it is 3d or DVD or what ever or what I do is just append "3D" to the movie title in the metadata editor

optical_guru

Thanks. Works great. Used the cover plugin to put blu-ray and DVD frames around the posters and then added the 3D overlay.