1.1.33 manual watched/unwatched does not clear bookmark

puithove

puithove

The new routine for watched/unwatched (userdata only update) is noticeably faster (thanks for this - it's a good improvement).  However, it now does not clear the bookmark of in-progress items.

Scenario #1 - item is unwatched, and in-progress (has bookmark).

Manually do mark watched - item shows as watched in Emby server, still shows as in-progress in Kodi

Manually do mark unwatched - item shows as unwatched in Emby server, still shows as in-progress in Kodi

Scenario #2 - item is unwatched, not in-progress (no bookmark)

Manually do mark watched - item shows as watched in Emby server, item also watched in Kodi

Manually do mark unwatched - item shows as unwatched in Emby server, also unwatched in Kodi.

puithove

I did.  But hold on, I just tried it with a couple different items, and it worked.  But not with this one item that was in progress before the reset.  Going to play a bit more with a couple other items that were also in progress before the reset...

CBers

Do you have the "Show sync progress on screen" enabled?

I have and the Incremental Sync has got stuck again at User Data syncing.

Been on "Incremental Sync (2 of 5)" for a few minutes now.

puithove

I do, I also have the progress indicator turned on - it's not stuck.

So it holds true that this is only happening on items that were already in progress before the addon upgrade and db reset.  I notice that the bookmark gets cleared on the Emby server also, but not in Kodi.  Very strange.

Here's a log of starting kodi, marking an affected item (Avatar) watched then unwatched.  This is with the incremental sync on.

puithove

After the above log, I re-opened Kodi & waited for any syncing to complete.  The item (Avatar) was showing unwatched, and with no bookmark (not in-progress) on Emby server, but still showing in-progres in Kodi.  I then disabled the incremental sync option, and closed Kodi.  

Here's a log of the next time I opened Kodi, where it ran a full sync, and this time it cleared the bookmark from the item, and it's showing completely unwatched.

• Like 1

puithove

Ah, actually - it seems to be items that are in-progress since the last restart of Kodi.  Items that are played partially during the same Kodi session seem to be cleared out.  The ones I played with where it was working before, are now doing it (not clearing) since I restarted Kodi with them in-progress.

Angelblue05

So what exactly is the problem @@puithove? Is there one or not after your last post? I'm not seeing any issues on my side. I had an item in progress. I marked it unwatched in Emby webclient and it removed the bookmark from Kodi.

Please disable Kodi debug from your future logs. It's not needed and only makes it difficult for us to see what the add-on is actually doing. Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

xnappo

@@Angelblue05 - why would anyone want to sync user data only?  The DB will get out of sync with the server right?

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

@@xnappo

What are you talking about exactly? The userdata only sync refers to the websocket message for userdatachanged. Instead of doing a full update of the item (all metadata and stream details) to modify only the playstate, it will only update the playcount. resume point, last played date and favorites. I don't see how that would cause any out of sync issue. If the item was actually modified then it will go through the item updated and will process the full item as it's always been. The checksum is updated after the userdata update.

The whole point of this is to speed up and prevent the deletion and addition of the same information over and over everytime something is watched. Please explain why you think it will go out of sync because I'm not seeing it.

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

Oh - okay - so it is just a new method to make userdata sync more efficient - not to ignore non-userdata changes.

Is that right?

xnappo

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Correct sir :)

It's just to avoid combining items updated/added with userdata modifications. This way it is more efficient in setting the watch status of items in Kodi. I can now see the confusion in saying userdata-only updates haha.

• Like 1

puithove

Yea, there was still a problem, it wasn't reliably clearing the bookmarks.  Seemed to be hit-or-miss.  I'll have to play around more when I have some more time - gotta work now to pay the bills :)

I'll re-try from a fresh install.

Sorry, didn't realize Kodi debug was on.

puithove

Alright - did some more playing.  I can't reproduce what I was seeing earlier.  Either the complete wipe and fresh start, or the fact that there was an additional change to the addon seems to have fixed it up.

Looks good for now.  Thanks for checking on me.

• Like 1