Running Program vs. Service - revisited

Kosta
Go to solution Solved by Logos302,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, there is something weird going on.

Let me explain:
I ported my data from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and simply installed Emby Server into Windows 10. It was a clean installation.
I gave my metadata correct permissions (there was a thread with the permissions problem for System and the metadata folder), however did not change anything else - wasn't ever needed.
Running Emby as a program - everything is fine. I can play back movies from the Firefox on my computer, or I can play from my Asus-Chromebox (Openelec), or I can play from Kodi installed on the same computer where Emby is running.
However, if I change to Service, I can still run movies from the Kodi installed on the same computer and from my Chromebox, however going into Web-Interface, and attempting to play the movie back results in an "Video Error - There was an error playing the video. - OK".

Now for the technicalities:
- Server Version 3.0.5675.1

Log "transcode-0fcb4b1d-f937-4465-9dfd-9cd4c4c6df49":

Deleted.

Log "server-63575299335":

Deleted.

(I deleted the old logs and let it create a new one, this is the complete log)

So why does it fail to play back when Emby is running as the service, where do I start digging?

Edited by Kosta

• Solution
Logos302

this is just a guess but do you have the service setup to logon as a user or just the default?  If you don't have it setup to logon as user you can get odd errors.  

• Like 2

Hah, that actually worked out. I used my own administrator account, it was set to system. I guess the system has no access to NAS, which makes sense too. Permissions permissions...

Thank you!

Edited by Kosta