Emby connect select user?

chuga

Hi

Question on how to select which user you login to on emby connect.

I currently have user profiles set up for myself and each family member. Under each profile I entered in my emby connect username on the profile settings page. Also...each user picture has the cloud icon on it so I assume this means they are "linked" to the emby account?

So the profiles all work great when playing local media. However if I browse to app.emby.media and use emby connect to login to my server I do not see where I can choose which profile to use. Currently it picked one of the profiles but I do not see a "change user" or similar setting

Thanks,

I don't quite understand how it works. I thought I could login to my connect account and see all of the profiles on my server? Similar to logging in locally. Then I could choose a user etc

Are you saying each user/profile must create their own emby account online?

Thanks

yes because otherwise you'd have to login twice. first with connect, then with your local account. so it works by mapping your local account to a connect account that will allow you to get right in.

I still don't quite get it...sorry, being slow here

In this case I have a few local users.... Say parent, child1, child2, etc

Parent has an emby account online using parent@hotmail.com

So for each local user I went into the "users" screen and under "emby username/email" field I entered "parent" for all of the local users.

When I then login to emby connect online I don't see these users ( oddly under profile it shows "child1")

So, are you saying that each local user needs to create an online account using a unique email account? Or do I create online accounts for each local user but can use the same email account parent@hotmail.com for each?

Thanks...again, apologies I'm not catching on quickly here

Yes this was a hard decision for us back when we designed this but each user that uses emby connect will need their own connect account.

Emby Connect is designed for ease of access remotely.  So it is designed as Luke explains to tie a single user to a given server.

if, instead, you wish to have remote access from a single device with a choice of any of several users, then you can just connect the app directly to your server using its external address.  Then it will have all the normal user operations as if you were connecting locally.

Thanks for the help luke, EBR

I can't say I fully understand how it is supposed to work but I have it working "ok" now. Basically I went in for each local user and removed the connection to emby connect. Then I went back in and just added 1 local user to the connect account. Seems to work ok.

Thanks

trusselo

Thanks for the help luke, EBR

I can't say I fully understand how it is supposed to work but I have it working "ok" now. Basically I went in for each local user and removed the connection to emby connect. Then I went back in and just added 1 local user to the connect account. Seems to work ok.

Thanks

This allows each user to have their own complete profile, and allow each person in your home to connect with different servers.

I can connect my emby account to my server and my dads server to manage his content.

My dad only has access to his server.

My ex-roommate has access to one of my media collections on my one server. (a media collection that is NOT illegal to share).

Each emby account can connect to multiple servers,

but that user must be added to each server as a user profile,

then the emby account linked to each user profile on each server.

So on my server there is a Tristyn, a Terry and a Dan profile

On my dads server there is a Tristyn and a Terry profile

Both Tristyn profiles are linked to TRusselo emby account. Dan and Terry are linked to their respective Emby accounts.

I get to view 2 servers.

My Dad (Terry) sees 1 server

Dan gets to view 1 folder of one server.

and thanks to the emby account, I can go upto any computer/tablet or phone in the world, and goto app.emby.com and log-in, and see/manage my 2 servers.

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1