Hard Drive Advice...

Jasoon

Im thinking of getting a SSD for running windows 7 and emby off, would i see much of a speed increase and is it worth it?

Im looking at getting a 120gb SSD possibly something like :- http://www.ebuyer.com/709697-sandisk-plus-120gb-sataiii-2-5inch-ssd-sdssda-120g-g25

All my movies will be on normal hard drives but i was thinking that if i have emby and emby theater on the SSD it might speed things up

Using an SSD for your OS drive can be one of the most effective performance improvements you can make to your machine.  So, yes.

FrostByte

Would moving images/metadata to where Emby is installed with the OS on a SSD be faster also then?  Right now mine are located with the media on my larger drives.  I prefer them where they are at, but would consider moving them if it helped.

Would moving images/metadata to where Emby is installed with the OS on a SSD be faster also then?  Right now mine are located with the media on my larger drives.  I prefer them where they are at, but would consider moving them if it helped.

No.  Those items are all cached at multiple levels already.

• Like 1

thanks for the advise guys, think im going to order one, was toying with going for the 240gb but i think for now ill go for the 120gb  

thanks for the advise guys, think im going to order one, was toying with going for the 240gb but i think for now ill go for the 120gb  

Get as big as you can make yourself afford.  Space runs out quickly these days...

• Like 1

Ive went for the 120gb not because of cost but more because its all i need...i hope

currently my C: drive is 450gb, 387gb is used but 128gb is music 11gb is pictures and 175gb is video leaving ~73gb which is the OS and programs

Well i got my SSD installed and everything seems a lot faster :)

It has also cured my issue of EMBY server crashing all the time..so its win win :)

• Like 1