Do I need subscription?

markblank05

markblank05

Do I need subscription after my trial expired? When I try to install the android app it said trial will end in august 30, so do I need to subscribe to continue using it? 

If you want to use Live TV or sync functionality you will need to unlock the app with either the in-app purchase or by becoming an Emby supporter.

Hflashman

A quick clarification: I bought the app within my Fire Stick and it works great there.

Q1: If my wife wants to log in on her Fire stick outside our house via my Emby account, will it work or does she have to buy it also even for the same login?

Q2: I can install apps on my S6 from the Amazon app store. Do I need to buy the app again (inside the app) on my s6 or should it recognize that I paid before? I would be paying Amazon twice it seems for the same app features.

Thanks!

That all depends on the Amazon account in use since you went through the Amazon purchase process.  If all those devices use the same Amazon account then it should work.  The purchase is tied to an Amazon account.

Hflashman

Thanks.  So as long as the Fire Stick is registered to the same Amazon account it should work.

For my S6 (Emby app installed from Amazon app store) though, it asks me to unlock through purchase.  If I press on that, I get taken to Amazon with a screen asking for $4.89 plus tax (with a green "Get item" button below).   How do I get around this?  I do see the prior purchase in my Amazon digital purchase history so I definitely have it paid.

If I do have to buy this twice (Android app for Fire stick + Android app from Google Play), is it better for me to buy from Google Play for the S6?

Thank you for your help.

I think you are talking about two different apps.  The one on the Fire Stick is the ATV/Fire TV app and the one on your S6 is the mobile app.

Hflashman

Thanks. 

On the Amazon app store on my S6, it just shows up as Emby for Android, unless I'm missing something.

So even though I can install from the Amazon app store on my S6 and use some features fine (e.g. play recorded content), I shouldn't do that for my S6 and should get the Emby app from Google Play and unlock within for Live TV etc?

Edited by Hflashman

If you are on a mobile device you should be using the "Emby for Android" app.

If you are on a Fire TV or Android TV device you should be using the Emby for Fire TV or Emby for Android TV app.