emby startup not working

donblitz
Go to solution Solved by BrianG,

donblitz

I have the emby server set to start when windows starts, and it seems to be in the right file location to do so but it is not starting, every time I restart windows I have to start the server manually.

Are you logging into windows using the same user account that installed emby server? does the emby server logs folder show any activity?

donblitz

Yes I am using same user account, kind of new to this, where do I find server logs, sorry. I can tell you this though this is something new which  just started recently and Ive just recently changed from using windows media center to mediaportal on windows 8.1 thinking of upgrading to win 10 and want to ready for no media center. not sure if this has any bearing on the fact but not thinking so.

• Solution
BrianG

I had this question a while back too. If you want Emby server to start without having to physically log into Windows each time, don't use the autostart on the tray icon. Go into your Windows services, scroll down to the Media Browser service and set that to start, Services run even if no one is logged in.

• Like 2