Kodi won't play anything from my library now that it's hosted with emby

cloead

Hoping it's something simple.  I can see all my media on Kodi, however when I try to play anything it errors out.  I turned on info in emby logging, not sure if this is the right file though

Here's kodi.log:

http://xbmclogs.com/pad9ypswy

I tried turning on "use http instead of smb" but got the same error.

Angelblue05

What it looks like in your log is that you tried to play something before the add-on was fully loaded. When it says Welcome "user", it's loaded. Wait until you see the dialog pop up to try and playback. 

Angelblue05

Are you using rpi or rpi2? Make sure you don't have the suppress start up dialog disable in the add-on settings. However, it looked like it was loading, then you pressed to play something, it timed out the 30 seconds, saying it couldn't connect because no ip address was loaded. Then it loaded your settings and if you would have tried playback again, it would have worked.

There is no issue here other than you are being too quick. If you want to go this quickly, you could always use direct path instead of plugin redirect. However you'd miss out on a couple of emby features, whichever suits your needs more.... :)

Ok, I waited a while and it seems to be working now.

I do notice it takes quite a while to play a file.. is there any way to speed that up?  Direct path?  What features would I lose?

Thanks for the help.. sorry for my impatience.  TV is on the other side of the house and I'm on crutches.. makes troubleshooting a little difficult

Angelblue05

@@cloead

Cinema, parental control (access restriction) and a few others I can't think of right now.... Direct path would speed it up to almost instant playback.