Lastest media not updating

djlf
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Have done new reinstall of emby a couple of times since install of windows 10 and

have got this problem on both occassions ie. Latest  media is no longer updating after

library scan - just left with initial 1st scan media in latest media. Any ideas??

also can someone look at server log and any errors that may be an issue?

finding emby a bit buggy at that moment.

server-63575167386.txt

Blurayfan

Have done new reinstall of emby a couple of times since install of windows 10 and

have got this problem on both occassions ie. Latest media is no longer updating after

library scan - just left with initial 1st scan media in latest media. Any ideas??

also can someone look at server log and any errors that may be an issue?

finding emby a bit buggy at that moment.

I have latest media updating on my Windows 10 system by restarting emby daily and clearing the cache of the browser.

best to give a specific example along with dates and times of content added, and a log with debug logging on.

A screen cap of both what you are looking at to say it isn't there and the folder in explorer with the new item would help a lot too.  Thx.

well it appears to have been imported into your library without any problem. check your user preference settings in regards to what sections show up in latest. if that doesn't yield anything, then post some before and after screenshots of what you were expecting to happen.

Yeah all files import ok but im left with the same files from the first library scan in latest media. It just doesnt update. Checked user prefences in settings and have all medis folders checked to show latest media.

Where is the latest media info kept?

19ff581a247db35dd600dfae156a46d1.jpg

Have you checked the box to remove watched items from latest? I will assume yes.

What likely happened, is you saw the item in latest without metadata yet. It would appear as having no image, just a placeholder image. If you try to play this before metadata has been updated it will force transcoding because it has not been run through ffprobe yet to determine the files attributes. If you then stop playing, and leave the items detail screen what will happen once the metadata is updated you will lose your resume point, but the file will be marked as played. It will no longer be listed under latest. This is expected behavior.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Yeah all files import ok but im left with the same files from the first library scan in latest media. It just doesnt update. Checked user prefences in settings and have all medis folders checked to show latest media.

Where is the latest media info kept?

Latest media info isn't kept anywhere.  It is derived from the added dates and other options.  I suggest you be sure you don't have the situation Speechless outlines and, if that's not it...

A screen cap of both what you are looking at to say it isn't there and the folder in explorer with the new item would help a lot too.  Thx.

ok guys solved the problem. For some reason latest media was only showing the last media added to

a hard drive that has become full. My other drives, where new media is being transferred to, just were

not displaying on the home screen. I have unchecked the full hard drives in user settings and can now

see my latest media been added to new drives. Not sure why the full drive was getting preferred??

thanks for the help

• Solution

Not sure why the full drive was getting preferred??

thanks for the help

Check the dates in the file system or in the metadata manager on the items that were showing up.  Maybe you have some dates in the future that are always forcing those items to the top of the list.