Windows 10 app does it support external players?

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi,

Does the Windows 10 client app support external video players?

I use an external player with WMC and looking to upgrade my HTPC to Windows 10. Being able to call my external player is vital for me so keen to find out either way before trying to upgrade with Windows 10.

Vicpa

Hi,

Not at this time. The internal player is very good and getting better. What special features does your external player support, that you need to maintain? Maybe something can be added in the future.

GhostRider

Hi,

Not at this time. The internal player is very good and getting better. What special features does your external player support, that you need to maintain? Maybe something can be added in the future.

Hi,

Many thanks for quick reply. I use PowerDVD because it handles upscaling of DVD to "Hi Def" and "smart" ratio stretching of old TV series to wide screen. It does both very well so I would need a Windows 10 client that would be able to call an external player.

Any plans to add this feature to the Windows 10 client? Please :)

Tolerant

The WebUI does support External players, just a thought but if you have the Win 8.1-10 App open on your TV (etc), Web UI open on the PC and "Play TO" the App, but you have external players available in your user Preferences from the WebUI.. does that work for you?