What is recommended settings for NEW Emby fire tv APP?

pditty1995

pditty1995

I have transcoded TV episodes (using mcebuddy) as well as live content (transcoded on the fly) from an HDHOMERUN prime but I'm having problems getting the fire tv stick to play either with the new VLC version of emby.

The only way I can get anything to play is to enable VLC decode for both direct stream and transcoded content.  However, its choppy.  If I disable VLC nothing works.

Can I roll the app back?  If I do will I loose the unlock again?

pditty1995

Understood.  So If those default settings DON'T work then what should I try?

Again, this worked on the previous version (without VLC) but now no longer does.

I have the following setup....

HDHOMERUN prime -> Dell Optiplex 755 running WMC + ServerWMC + MceBuddy for background transcodes -> Emby Server running in windows VM on my mac and doing the live tv transcoding and serving the transcoded video from MceBuddy.

**NOTE: I have comcast so everything is in mpeg2 and the fire tv stick does not do mpeg 2 HD very well, therefore the need to transcode everything to H.264.  I wish there was a better way but if there is I haven't found it yet.

**NOTE2:  On the fire tv stick emby crashes  A LOT.  Especially if it cannot start a stream.  Is this a known issue?

pditty1995

Don't even worry about responding to this thread....I'm giving up on Emby.  At the moment there are just too many bugs and I'm tired of fighting them.  Here is a list of just some of them....

1.  Emby for the roku rarely plays

2.  Emby for the fire tv stick sometimes plays but the latest update killed live tv streaming and crippled streaming of recordings.

3.  Emby for firetv and roku always kicked me off a stream after a random amount of time.

4.  Emby for firetv crashes A LOT.  To recover I had to force quit and clear cache.

5.  Emby server transcoder seems to work harder than plex transcoder to do the same task.

I'm moving over to plex and using their wmc2plex plugin.  So far so good and its working on both fire tv and roku's.  I also use HDHRfling for the roku only and its reliable as well.  

I understand you probably work hard on this but it feels like I paid for an Alpha level kind of App.

good luck, but I'm out.