Bitstreaming in Kodi from Emby..

tmservo

tmservo

Ok.  So, I finally killed my WMC.. so I installed KODI in WIn10, and setup the Emby connection.

All works fine.

EXCEPT for bitstreaming. I cannot get bitstream audio to go...just automatically goes multi-channel.

I can't figure out how to address this.  I get bitstreaming just fine in Emby Theater app, which I've retreated to for now.

xnappo

It is annoyingly hidden.  You have to turn on advanced settings and then when you go into the audio settings you will have more choices.   Sorry I can't help more than that,  away from home, but will hopefully put you on the right track. 

• Like 1

tmservo

You are right.. annoyingly hidden. It works... with one still glitch.. DTS is always DTS, I never get DTS-HD.. hmm.

Angelblue05

Don't you have to enable passthrough as well?

Maybe you'll have more luck googling "Kodi dts-hd" It is really more Kodi related than Emby for Kodi related. We try the best we can to help, but this is really more about settings.... :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Yes, I mean Kodi is the most complete player out there. Chances are, what you think you can't do, you can do....you just have to find the setting. Luckily their community is really large so you can find easily find the setting you need by googling it*.

Edited by Angelblue05