Transitioning from MySQL and I've got a couple of questions

blackhawkpr

blackhawkpr

Hi, new to Emby and new to the forums. I'm transistioning from MySQL and I have a couple of questions so everything goes smoothly.

1. Should I be starting from a clean install of Kodi?
  2. How should I backup my current Kodi/MySQL installation so that I can revert back to it just in case? Just backup "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi" and disable MySQL server from starting up? Uninstall MySQL and delete database if I'm satisfied with Kodi/Emby?
  3. I use the Trakt addon in Kodi and I see Emby has one as well. Is there a problem if I use it in both or is it redundant?
  4. I can just continue using the skin I'm currently using (Aeon Nox)? That's a big factor for acceptance from my SO. As long as it looks and works just like regular Kodi, she's sold.

Thanks for the help.

puithove

1. Yes.

Yes, though really since you would no longer be pointing Kodi to you, you could even just leave MySQL running if you want to.

I haven't done it, but search around.  I know I've seen others who have synced their watched status from Kodi to Trakt, then from Trakt to Emby server in order to get watched status into Emby.  Once in Emby, that data will sync back to your new Kodi instance via the Emby addon for Kodi.

Yes, all Kodi normal skins will be usable as the Emby addon just inserts all the info into the local Kodi database and things work just as if you were using straight Kodi.

Edited by puithove

Deihmos

Rename the kodi folder in appdata and that's it. There is no need to use the kodi trakt add-on anymore.

blackhawkpr

Well, I already set up Emby with all of my media, added the Trakt plugin but not all of my watched statuses are correct. Some shows appear with the correct watched status and some appear like I've never watched them at all.

Edit: Now that I look at my library in Emby, I don't think any watched status has synched. My credentials are correct. Is there any way to look at logs for the Trakt plugin?

Edit 2: Figured out how to run the task manually and that worked. Is it a problem with Trakt, the plugin or Emby?

Edited by blackhawkpr

Deihmos

You have to run it manually to get watched stats from trakt. Future viewing will sync automatically.