Subtitles no longer working

techywarrior

techywarrior

Just got the app update and now subtitles aren't working. Clicking on the subtitle button does nothing (doesn't bring up the little list of subtitles to click on)

If it matters it is on a Win10 tablet using the touch layout.

• 4 weeks later...
techywarrior

It's an x86 tablet (Intel Atom).

It's a pretty annoying bug since it prevents me from watching a portion of my collection via the app (which I do like even though I complain about stuff... :) )

It seems to be all my subtitled files (but they are all basically the same, MKV with ASS subs) have the problem. Changing language works fine, just the subtitle button fails to open the little menu to choose a subtitle.

Is the issue with no longer being able to seek a server issue? That just started when transcoding files after the server update but since it happens in the app and the web client I am guessing it's a server issue.

Deathsquirrel

The only problem I'm having with that control is tapping it instead of the other functions tied to a lower right corner tap.

• 2 weeks later...
techywarrior

7, not sure. I'll try and see about setting up a test emby server with a couple of the subtitled files on it this weekend but since we use Emby often it's too much of a problem to keep my main server on the dev branch.

I read tonight that Luke found an issue in the stable build with external subtitles but would that also cause the app subtitle button to not even function? Or since the server is saying none of the subtitles are external that the returned result is null?

Edited by techywarrior

7illusions

Exactly, the app asks for external subtitles that can be streamed without transcoding. If nothing is returned... No list of subs. :)

techywarrior

In that case can I make two requests/suggestions?

First, why can't it show subtitles that require transcoding? Even if it had to transcode, that seems like a better option then not having subtitles that are known to be available.

Second, if no subtitles are available (null returned etc.) can the button at least be gray then to indicate there are none? Currently the button is the darker color indicating you can press it (not disabled).