Connection Failure. Log provided

SobaniEmby

SobaniEmby

I seem to be having issues using the Media Browser, when selecting my server. After attempting to connect I am greeted to this:

55c81447d3aa9_mediabrows.jpg

After Selecting number 1. 

All three cant connect though I only need/want "SobaniEmby" I have tried deleting the other two as they were linking to my other computers before deciding I'm going to dedicate one sole computer to my network programs. They wont delete. The loading circle will pop up, do its animation for about 2 seconds then goes. As if the process was completed. 

The only way I can connect to the Media Browser is if I use the host computer which is running the server. Or strangely my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android, but only if it's connected to the Wifi. If I connect to 4G it gives me the same error as trying to connect on this computer (I'm writing this thread/topic on and trying to remotely connect to Media Broswer/SobaniEmby).

Additionally.Trying the Remote Access url tells me the webpage is not avaliable due to the connection attempt, timing out with :8096 and /mediabrowser added. Without causes me to connect to my modem's local page.

Both the host computer and this computer are connected via eithernet cable straight to the Modem. No routers or connection bridges are involved in this network. Two wires, two computers, one DSL Modem into the phoneline. I have checked to see if the firewall rules are correct. Both Port 8096 and "mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe" (UTP & TCP) are enabled for all private, public and domain connections. Both inbound and outbound. I have also configured my Modem in my opinion, correctly. - For forwarding the port 8096 and the i.p for both TCP and UDP. I have set also a static i.p for the host computer. By using this guide provided by my ISP - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/content/167-port-forwarding-setting-up-port-forwarding-use-existing-set-up-custom-services.html & http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/content/180-ip-address-reservation.html

55c83a839e833_sky.jpg

55c81c3c76c4e_emby3.jpg

Emby Server is running on host computer. Both tested via localhost and Media Browser.

55c81c85a908c_emby2.jpg

I've rebooted computers, reset the modem, done the needed config (as far as I'm aware of). Am I missing something out?

No inbound or outbound blocks are set on my modem firewall and the only inbound and outbound blocks in Windows Firewall that are set on either computers is on the host computer. Both an inbound and outbound block for a specific program completely unrelated to Emby and uses no ports. Was just to disable an updater that couldn't be disabled otherwise. Other than that, nothing.

Software info: 

Host Computer: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. 

Remote Computer/This one: Windows 7 Ultimate 

Both using Google Chrome Version " 44.0.2403.130 M " to access Media Browser. WMC Plugin is not installed on Emby. Only the defaults and "Folder Sync".

Both have .net Framework 4.0 installed.

Logs say about a 404 error not found. Not really sure why it's throwing that up. Log is attatched below. Thanks for reading.

Edit 1: Earlier, I did also make a second account for Emby Connect and gave all privileges to that account also. Sent the invite link and still, no dice. Root Admin account is Sobani Exile. User 2 is SobaniEmby. Not sure if that info would be required but in case it is. (Saves time waiting and writing replies with additional info that I need to add.)  

Edit 2: I have briefly turned off my modem firewall. (Refering to the default "inbound block" shown on picture 3.) Reset modem and tried to access Media Browser again. Nothing changed. So I promptly re-enabled the Modem firewall for obvious reasons. 

Log.txt

Edited by SobaniEmby

SobaniEmby

Update post:

Still no luck with being able to delete the other two servers. It's not really much of an issue though it's strange and it'd be nice if it worked.

Problem solved. Absolutely no idea why. Went to try Media Browser in Internet Explorer. Didn't load the page properly. So after fiddling about I gave up, closed IE and got bluescreened. Seems closing IE causes my computer to bluescreen after testing this again. Another reason not to use IE lol...

None the less, I tried Media Browser in Chrome and it all works fine. Glad but baffled, considering I've restarted this computer enough times throughout the above post. Seems this time it was the bluescreen of life.

Though if there is anything in the log provided that can explain what the problem was, please do say. In the event it happens again or somebody else encounters this issue. Not quite sure on the solution other than to blue screen your computer apparently.. No. That's a joke.

Edited by SobaniEmby