Windows Phone 10

Doozer

Doozer

I installed Windows Phone 10 on my new 640. Movie playback works great. Very impressive.

But for some reason I can't playback any music. If you select a song, it looks like it's about to play but stays at 0:00 minutes.

• 7 months later...
edejaeger

Hello Doozer,

This may not help you but FYI it works weel on my 950 under WM10.

For a previous update of Emby Server, the app was stuck, but works well as I restarted the application server.

Your post is a little bit old. Is everything okay for you now ?

Many thanks by advanced.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

Doozer

That's funny because last night I ordered the 950. It's still not working on the 640, but now I feel good about my new purchase of the 950. Thanks.

edejaeger

Hello !

You are welcome :-)

Please let me know if it works or not.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

Doozer

With the Lumia 950, I have the same issue playing music. However, after reading other posts, it may have to do with all my music being stored in FLAC. I will try some MP3 later today.

edejaeger

However, all music plays from my wife's iPhone.

Hello,

This is quite strange. I do not have FLAC files but both MP3 and WMA are played properly (they are VBR-encoded at about 350kb/s).

It also works from

- my girl friend's NL830 under WP8.1,

- my daughter's NL930 under WP8.1,

- my old NL920 under WP10,

- my quite old Samsung Omnia 7 under WP7.8.

I have not tried from my daughter's "old" NL530 also under WP8.1, but I am confident it should work.

What application do you use to play your music files ?

B.R.

Eric D. J.

edejaeger

Hello,

Oh, ok, I have understood. I mostly use my phone as an Emby client to play music onto my HiFi audio system, but I also play music in my car (in Bluetooth) with the Lumia 950 connected to my Emby server via the data connection, so this configuration is nearly the same as yours.

It would be easy to say that your issue may comes from the server side but "the answer is often elsewhere".

Could you try with this client installed on you 950 (it's free) : Smart Player.

And have you the capacity to create a temporary user account to be accessed from the outside for me, so I can try to try to play your music from my phone ?

I can also do the same so you will be able to try to play music from my Emby server too.

If it works for you and not for me, then the issue comes from Jriver.

B.R.

Eric D. J.

Doozer

I will try that out this evening.

I want to switch to the Emby clients for playback. I am just waiting for the Music features to be a bit more developed.

• 3 weeks later...
Faravid

I'm playing FLACs and MP3s on a 950 XL without issues when connection through mobile network, but if I try to play audio from within my home wifi, playback doesn't start (that's not a problem as I use the phone's Emby client when I'm traveling, not at home).

Previously I had some issues of randomly stopping playback or playback not starting at all, but that had to do with a failing modem at home dropping connections.

Windows Mobile client should be improved by trying to reconnect and continue playback if connection is lost, as for example traveling in a train tends to drop connections temporarily.

Faravid

BTW, you might want to test out the new Emby Theater (tv.emby.media) using web browser on the phone.

Having some stability issues but that might have something to do with my phone running Insider build which is a bit unstable.

Also playback doesn't start if I click "play all" button, I need to click the small note button and play button in the window there.

For the first look seems like the UI on the web app is way better than the UI of the old Windows Phone Emby app.

Of course doesn't support integrated audio play functions and hands free buttons other than volume controls.

Looking forward for a universal Windows 10 app based on tv.emby.media! *hint devs* ;)

Mobile browsers don't allow autoplay of audio and viode and the new emby theater web app is not doing anything yet to handle that. that's why you can't play. the current mobile web app handles this.

for phone use hopefully you do like the current mobile web app because i've been working on improving it for MS Edge quite a bit.

• Like 1

Faravid

Mobile browsers don't allow autoplay of audio and viode and the new emby theater web app is not doing anything yet to handle that. that's why you can't play. the current mobile web app handles this.

for phone use hopefully you do like the current mobile web app because i've been working on improving it for MS Edge quite a bit.

Just tested app.emby.media (I assume that's what you meant with mobile web app?) with my phone, but have to say that tv.emby.media looks and handles better.

Objects are quite small on app.emby.media, especially the player bar that pops up in the center of the screen.

But there is a problem with usability with tv.emby.media, artist folders are replaced with photos of the artists dropping artist name from the box, quite difficult to identify bands from the photos only. Got any idea how similar metal bands photos can look with each other? ;)

I know it's quite early on development so not expecting it to be perfect just yet of course.

tv.emby.media is not designed at all for a phone, although it will perform better at this stage. i can't even think of a single object in app.emby.media that is small. the player bar that pops up, once tv.emby.media has the autoplay workaround, it's going to have the same thing. you have to click the actual browser play button in order to allow playback to start, at least once, and that's what that is.

bennymac

Hi,

Is there a known issue in MS edge on mobile where it won't play music files? I've been getting an "unsupported file issue" for a while when trying to shuffle or play music on mobile. The audio player beings to load but gets stuck midway on the screen and nothing plays.

Faravid

tv.emby.media is not designed at all for a phone, although it will perform better at this stage. i can't even think of a single object in app.emby.media that is small. the player bar that pops up, once tv.emby.media has the autoplay workaround, it's going to have the same thing. you have to click the actual browser play button in order to allow playback to start, at least once, and that's what that is.

Quick jump menu (Alphabets) at the right edge has a bit too small font, makes it difficult to hit them.

The workaround player bar is really small as well.

The phone's screen is pretty high res (2560 x 1440), which makes text quite small in general, which is fine, except when it's hard to actually activate some of the objects.

57129fc06e8dc_wp_ss_20160416_0001_1.png

Faravid

Hi,

Is there a known issue in MS edge on mobile where it won't play music files? I've been getting an "unsupported file issue" for a while when trying to shuffle or play music on mobile. The audio player beings to load but gets stuck midway on the screen and nothing plays.

Working fine for me.

Ok I see, thanks. I hadn't tested a phone with a resolution that high. Yea the TV app currently has better scaling.

• 4 weeks later...
RedBaron164

I wanted to give my 2 cents with the Win10m App. I'm using a Lumia 640 running Win10 build# 10.0.10586.318. I was having the same no music playing issue. What I found was if I entered my server information manually, giving it the external address, it would work without issue on and off Wi-Fi. If I tried to use the internal address for my Emby server it would play video media like TV shows, but not music. I found that the web interface worked the same way, if I use the external address while on or off wifi, no issues. But if I try to use the internal address it doesn't play music.

As a side note I've also been unable to connect to my emby server using HTTPS on port 8920 from the Win10m App but I'm assuming it's because the default cert isn't trusted and I haven't gotten around to messing with that yet.

• Like 1