Emby not pulling Season/Episode data for certain shows

Eldon.McGuinness
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Eldon.McGuinness

I noticed that my "Daily Show" episodes are not getting their season/episode number during a scrape. I can not see the files in KODI, I can only assume, due to the season and episode data being missing, but can see them and confirm that data is missing in the web interface. In the web interface the season is listed as "season unknown", despite the data being available on both tvdb and tmdb.

File name example:

The Daily Show\The Daily Show.2015.07.20.mkv

The Daily Show\The Daily Show.2015.07.21.mkv

The Daily Show\The Daily Show.2015.07.22.mkv

The Nightly Show\The Nightly Show.2015.07.20.mkv

The Nightly Show\The Nightly Show.2015.07.21.mkv

The Nightly Show\The Nightly Show.2015.07.22.mkv

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 1.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 2.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 3.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 4.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 5.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Episode 6.avi

If there is anything I can get log-wise etc. just let me know what to do and what you need.

Setup

Windows 10 Pro

Emby Server Version 3.0.5675.1

Emby for KODI (Two Clients)

Cheers,

Eldon

== UPDATE ==

I added some more files that I see are not being detected correctly, could this be a file name issue where the server does not know what to assign the episodes?

== UPDATE ==

Ok, it looks like this is going to be related to how the emby server searches for metadata. I renamed the Hitchhiker's Guide files to

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E01.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E02.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E03.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E04.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E05.avi

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981)\Season 01\The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy S01E06.avi

After this they were listed correctly on the web-interface and in KODI, perhaps the Emby scraping regex rules need to a be a bit more robust to support a wider range of file names. I still have not figured out the files with the date stamps though.

Edited by Eldon.McGuinness

• 5 weeks later...
Eldon.McGuinness

Just wanted to bump this to see if I could get a little help on this. I have not been able to figure out why shows with a date format can not be given a proper season and even more so why the emby kodi plugin does not show them in kodi if the season is unknown.

• Solution

I think we still have some work to do with daily episodes, that's basically what it comes down to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
vick1982

I think we still have some work to do with daily episodes, that's basically what it comes down to.

is this going to happen ?  all shows like real time, fallon, kimmel are not able to be viewed on kodi ... kodi without emby shows them fine... 

• Like 1

Eldon.McGuinness

is this going to happen ?  all shows like real time, fallon, kimmel are not able to be viewed on kodi ... kodi without emby shows them fine... 

Agreed, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the season/episode fields do not get populated, especially since it pulls the right show id from sites that DO have the season/episode information available.

we support the episodes in the library, it's just the internet metadata downloading we have  not added yet.

Eldon.McGuinness

we support the episodes in the library, it's just the internet metadata downloading we have  not added yet.

…I guess I'll just keep waiting then. Not sure why material with dates would be difficult, I wonder if using something like The.Daily.Show.s##e##.mkv would work instead of The.Daily.Show.YYYY.MM.DD.mkv, if that does then I can just let my own scraper translate the names. :) Guess I have something to look into if I get some free-time.

xnappo

This is a probably with auto organize too - definitely needs to be able to query thetvdb info and correlate the air date to sXeY..

eskay993

If you are using Sonarr to grab your shows, a workaround is to set daily shows to use sXeY instead of air date in the file naming section. 

• Like 1