Kodi multi user/profile

Logos302

Logos302

Ok I think I got this working the way that I want it for now, but I'm missing the ability to login more than one user on the same box.  Like you can withe Emby Classic.  So that it save the watched status for both user.  

Angelblue05

If you mean add users to the session, it's there when you launch the add-on. You can also map it in your keymap or add it as a custom menu item, with the following syntax: 

RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=adduser)

Logos302

yes add users to the session,  I'm new to this.  But launch the add-on (It launched itself when I run kodi).  What I would like is a button like there is in Emby Classic.  Any advice on creating one?

Angelblue05

Ok, so then go to your skin settings, same place where you can modify your home menu, add a submenu item with the action: 

RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=adduser)

Add a label to it and you are set. It will become a button on your home menu. Do note the option of adding button depends entirely on the skin you are using.

Edit: @@Logos302 to launch the Emby addon (this means open the menu for it) you can go to video add-ons > select Emby and it will present you the menu I'm talking about, like this:

55c6e74895163_screenshot014.png

55c6e757423d8_screenshot015.png

55c6e76151f57_screenshot016.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Logos302

One last question any way to add the button Globally rather than having to add that to each profile? 

Angelblue05

The only way to have it work for every profile is if you make a keymap for it.

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <u>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby?mode=adduser)</u><!-- Add or remove users from Emby session -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
<keymap> 

This would affect every profile and you can bind the letter u to your remote control key. This is what I do. you can change the letter to something else if you wish.

Or if your other profiles are not created yet, you can copy the theme when creating the profiles so this will also copy the shortcuts you created.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Also a trick, once you are connected with Emby, you can use the web client remote control to type into the keyboard input box. This will save you a lot of time trying to type out the command or path with the remote cursor.

55c73b895db73_remote.png

55c73b9439df5_screenshot018.png

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1