Not to have all movies in one folder?

hokr

Hello, just installed Kodi 15.0 and Emby for Kodi with Titan MediaBrowser skin.

Would be possible not to have all Movies in one folder? Any configuration or possible skin, which can show the media folders for movies as stored on Emby server?

Thank you.

Vidman

You can do it with titan skin... Have a play around, should be easy enough to figure out how to do what you want

I've spent hours trying to get this to happen, but no luck. Would it be possible to elaborate on how to make it work? I have some concerts in my movies that are broken up 1 file per song, and they all appear at the top of my movies list individually, which really crowds things up and makes Kodi unusable.

Angelblue05

@@weeji

Every skin works similarly. I guess once you get to know Kodi, it becomes easy to understand the flow. Anyway to get the skin how you want, you will need to add home menu shortcuts to the sections you want. So go to settings > appearance > skin settings. Then you will have access to modifying your interface.

To add your emby user view sections, add a shortcut pointing to add-ons > video add-ons > Emby > and select the view shortcut you want to add and label it.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did find that, however, it doesn't really solve the issue, I'm sorry to say. I have a folder in my main movies folder called concerts. In this folder, I have a seperate folder for each concert. In some of these folders, I have 10-15 individual videos, 1 per song, that make up the whole concert. Currently, my main "Movies" section in Kodi has all of these individual video files all loose at the top of the movie list. I'll try to make a visual to make it make more sense, illustrating the difference between Emby's organization and Kodi's:

Here's how it is/was in Emby:

[Movies]

[Concerts]

[Concert 1]

[01 - song 1 name]

[02 - song 2 name]

[03 - song 3 name]

[04 - song 4 name]

Here's how it is in Kodi:

[Movies]

[01 - song 1 name]

[02 - song 2 name]

[03 - song 3 name]

[04 - song 4 name]

xnappo

So that structure is definitely not supported.  Are you saying that works in other Emby clients?

I would think this would need to be in a Music Videos type of structure - but even with that it isn't really set up for multi-part concerts.

Yes, its like that in Emby for WMC, which to this point, is the most feature-complete version of Emby. It isn't like this in Emby Theater, but that is a very early beta, so my guess is that they will eventually add that. This is kind of the only thing preventing me from upgrading all of my computers to Windows 10, as I'd lose WMC.

Vidman

I think you just need to move the concerts folder outside of your main movies folder and then add it as a separate library in Emby server ...this will allow you to separate your concerts from your Other movies in all emby clients

Edited by Vidman

xnappo

Yep.  Having concerts in your movies structure is just not a 'correct' structure.  If you move them out, then I think you will be able to find a way to get it to behave how you would like.  I am a bit surprised it works in Emby for WMC - I am guessing it does not work the way you want in the web interface either?

xnappo

@@xnappo, I am so thankful that you replied, because I think you may have just figured out a lot of my issue. The next issue, after I move the concerts out of the Movies folder and make it its own entry point in Emby, is that I can't find it in Kodi. I have 3 media folders in Emby that just don't show up in Kodi, "Internet", "Music Videos", and now "Concerts". When I go to add a node to the menu, all I see are "Movies" and "TV" from Emby (with the emby logo). How do I get to my other emby media folders?

Is there no way to access my other Emby media folders other than Movies and TV from Kodi?

Edited by weeji

xnappo

Sure - they are in Videos->Video Addons->Emby.  You can make links down into there in most skins.

Edited by xnappo

I wish that were true for me, but it doesn't seem like it.

Here are the 2 ways that I can see to browse in to the area you are mentioning, to attempt to add a menu item:

Video Library->Video Add-On->Emby

Add-On->Video Add-On->Emby

All that's in both of these locations is "Create Shortcut Here". If I select that, it sets the link as 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.emby",return)'

This seems true in all skins I've tried that allow making your own menu links.

When I click that menu item that I just created, it brings me to the list I mentioned previously, containing items like "Movies", "TV", "Channels", "Favorite Movies", "Favorite Shows", etc., that all have the Emby logo to the left of them, but no "Concerts", "Internet", or "Music Videos". Does it matter what "Content type" I set these media folders to on the Emby server? Most of them are "Home videos", with the exception of "Music Videos", which the type is set to "Music videos".

xnappo

Oh, yes.  Only Movies, Music and TV type are supported right now.  We have the others on our to-do list :(

Ah! That makes sense then. Thank you. I thought I was either going crazy or losing my ability to figure out computer software, and as a software developer, that was starting to scare me.

This is still the port that's the closest to replicating Emby WMC at this point, so I'm sure you guys will have that stuff in before the Windows 10 upgrade period expires ;)

I managed to sort my issues too. I had to use Emby for Kodi Beta repository, because the stable repo, which installed Emby 1.1.13 did not sync all the video nodes from Emby server. I haven't tried never version yet.

I am using Titan skin and created shortcuts pointing to Emby video nodes (pre-created shortcuts). I placed them to the Movies submenu.

I ended up with this structure:

Movies

- HD

- Movie1

- Movie2

- Kids

- Movie1

- Animated

- Movie1

I also had to redesign my media library on the server. I marked videos, which do not need a metadata as Home Videos (workout videos, advertisements, etc.). I created a source in Kodi pointing to these, because Emby (in my version) does not support this media type. 

I am happy with my setup so far. I am actually doing all this, so I can replace Emby for WMC and move to Windows 10.

The only "issue" is that I am returned to the Home screen immediately when I am browsing for example HD movies listing and press Backspace. I would like to end up in Movies submenu in such case.