Why has unistall not been fixed on server and theater ?

bret1958

bret1958

Leaving remanats in the reg and other files on an os is not good practice. They both need a proper unistall fix.

Unless I just have a one instance issue ? but cant unistall on any of my machines only a system restore and that not right.

You didn't say what your issue actually was other than just "can't uninstall" so I'm not sure but we did issue an update to the uninstaller with the last server release that I believe makes it work properly.  There is an option in it of whether or not to delete all the files.

bret1958

Thanks Eber, just tried to uinistall both theater and server on a machine they both failed. all check marks were checked. They were current releases. but updated from prior.

On the one machine i am taking it off for good and now it will involve a restore, affecting other things I didnt plan on deleting.

But now as the interface is gone, I have no way to tell you the excact release # but i am sure they were both on stable and current.

Happy2Play

Don't know about theater, but reinstalling server from stable or beta (since they are the same currently) would get you the updated uninstaller.  Or your can get it here.

Vidman

Leaving remanats in the reg and other files on an os is not good practice. They both need a proper unistall fix.

Unless I just have a one instance issue ? but cant unistall on any of my machines only a system restore and that not right.

I think the word you are looking for is uninstall ;)

bret1958

I think the word you are looking for is uninstall ;)

Can you define "failed"?  Exactly what happened?

well i guess if I spelled it right that would fix the matter... but to keep on subject it just fails the pop up to remove all files goes grey the files are left on pc and still listed in programs. After that the unistaller thinks its gone.. I will try the posted fix.

Vidman

well i guess if I spelled it right that would fix the matter... but to keep on subject it just fails the pop up to remove all files goes grey the files are left on pc and still listed in programs. After that the unistaller thinks its gone.. I will try the posted fix.

Just try spelling it right just once ... It might help. .. It might not; )

bret1958

Just try spelling it right just once ... It might help. .. It might not; )

posting a solutions rather than complaining about spelling would be better spent time. oh well type away. I hope we are not getting back to the L... Davies Days and all the pussy footing we had to do back then.

bret1958

BTW Luke the machines that would not unistall had older versions installed and updated, starting with a fresh install on a new os unistalled correctly.

BTW Luke the machines that would not unistall had older versions installed and updated, starting with a fresh install on a new os unistalled correctly.

Perfect, that's what we expected.  Thanks.