Error Connecting to Server

Jester
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jester

Hi All, hope you can help a newb here....or a bewb...how you want to characterize it.

This is my first dive into this stuff and I am pretty excited to get it going. If this is in the wrong section, I am sorry, please move it if needed.

So I installed the Emby server on my laptop. Everything seems fine. I can connect through my wbe browser using the local access link and I can view my media fine with no issues.

I installed the Emby app on my S4 and my Fire TV.

They do not see the server. I tried inputting the IP address and no joy from either device. I also mucked about on my router and forwarded port 8096. Still no joy. 

I must be missing something and if it was a snake it would probably bite me.

What info do you need from me and where(if its logs)?

I also looked at various wiki pages and other posts but I did not see the same type of issue.

I am on Win10

I do have ESET Smart Security installed. (I did not see anything in their about anything being blocked)

Router: ASUS RT-N66U

One thing I havent tried yet is too disable ESET to see if thats the culprit. Might try that tonight and test.

Any and all help and suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks All!!

• Solution

Almost certainly the firewall.  Make sure you allow both TCP and UDP traffic to our server application and the apps should just find the server automatically.

Jester

Wow....Yup! That was it! I added it to ESET's exception list and viola! I should of thought of that! Thanks for the help!