What format does Emby server want for movie aspect ratio?

hifiaudio2

hifiaudio2

I am trying to manually input aspect ratios for movies in hope that Emby for Kodi and the Arctic skin will report it correctly in the interface, but since it seems to ignore what I put there, I began to wonder if I am just not inputting data in the format it expects.  Here is what I put in the screenshot below.  Is it maybe expecting just 2.40  and not the :1?  Or something else entirely?   

ZsUcRV4l.png

That field is just treated as text so any app that shows it as just text will show it just as you enter it.

For apps that try to translate that text to an image it will depend on the app and I don't know what Kodi skins are expecting there.  EMC is looking for a string just like you have there.

hifiaudio2

Ah Ok... probably something else like the skin itself not doing what I expected then.  All of them just show 16:9 no matter what I do. 

I havent checked what the Emby ATV app does... will look at that....

The ATV app doesn't show aspect ratio at all right now.

It sounds like Kodi is probably using the true aspect ratio value from the media instead of the metadata value you are filling in.

Angelblue05

@@ebr you keep mentioning this like there's two AR entries? I could not find anything other than what's mentioned in the github wiki. Can you please, please tell me where the second AR api entry for the metadata is located? I have checked many times to no avail. Thanks!

And I spent many hours correcting the AR, mine do not show 16:9 for everything. So I'm not sure what the issue is other than this magical entry seems to be hidden and ebr needs to say where the entrance to the dungeon is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Deathsquirrel

@@ebr you keep mentioning this like there's two AR entries? I could not find anything other than what's mentioned in the github wiki. Can you please, please tell me where the second AR api entry for the metadata is located? I have checked many times to no avail. Thanks!

And I spent many hours correcting the AR, mine do not show 16:9 for everything. So I'm not sure what the issue is other than this magical entry seems to be hidden and ebr needs to say where the entrance to the dungeon is located.

There is a value in the metadata xml but there is lso a value extracted from the video file itself.  There was a recent thread on that that mentioned kodi was pulling its AR data from the video file so if you don't crop your videos when converting them they'll all be 1.85:1 because the video file is 1920x1080.

Angelblue05

I accidentally erased my post gah. I just don't know how to proceed here? What exactly am I to do? We take the AR under mediasource. Is there another place I should verify? I never got an answer.

We don't read xml/nfo, just what Emby provides via the API. I'm just unsure of the issue and if/how to resolve it. I thought I had already fixed it.

Sorry if I'm being daft here, I don't really pay attention to AR.

Edited by Angelblue05

The media source aspect ratio will be the one that is derived from the actual file.

There is also a property directly on the BaseItemDto (it may be optional) called AspectRatio.  This is going to be either null or the value entered by the user in the metadata/read from xml/nfo.

EMC uses the metadata value for display if it is there and falls back on a calculation from the media source if not.

• Like 1

enzeder

I still can't figure out this Original Aspect Ratio and Refresh. In particular, at the moment the only Original Aspect Ratios that I have in EMBY are three I have physically typed in. However I also have Metabrowser which fetches this information from IMDB and loads them into the relevant NFO file.

Step 1 - Process all movies through metabrowser to fetch OAR

Step 2 - Confirmed that all NFOs had OAR written to them - specifically Aspect Ratio under the global "Movie" grouping, ie not the stream info,

Step 3 - Refresh movies in EMBY, OAR is not extracted from NFO file and worse still the NFO file after the EMBY has the Aspect Ratio removed so I have to fetch them all again

Note tried refresh on the entire Movies group and also on an individual move for same results.

This morning I had two OARs showing up, I got the third by populating manually within EMBY. Have confirmed through individual refresh on that third movie that once it is manually typed in the OAR field that information is permanently retained in the NFO file. Its almost as though the refresh is not looking for / not finding the OAR data in the NFO file and then overwrites it with no data.

Maybe its my ignorance but I am assuming the a "local only refresh" looks at at the NFO file and processes only that information? in which case what I am doing is meant to work?

AngelBlue5 - as an aside EMBY Kodi still does not pick up the refreshed aspect ratio for the three that are in EMBY, the three still show as 1.78:1 despite being all 2.35:1 - presume this is because this is in the BaseItemDto field that ebr refers to rather than the media stream info

Angelblue05

Indeed, it is. Now that I know where it is located in the API, I'll look into it.

Angelblue05

@@hifiaudio2

This will be fixed next beta version (1.1.30). It will take into consideration the metadata aspect ratio before falling back to the file aspect ratio. The format you should be using is the following 1.85:1 (just an example, as long as it's separated by ":" it should display as you want it, in Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

enzeder

For some reason the repository would not pull through the latest version (no updates since 1.1.27) but after extracting files from github and performing a database resync I can confirm that KODI is now reporting the OAR (for those that I have manually entered). Many thanks.

Now if only I can figure out how to solve the OAR data not being imported into EMBY for local NFO files and I'll be very happy

enzeder

Yes, the 15.1 directx 11 test build.

Also getting same on the Andoid Isengard release as well

Angelblue05

Just check for updates. This forces Kodi to rescan the repository. It should make the update appear. (It's located in the add-ons side menu)

enzeder

Yes that is what I was doing but nothing coming through - it was working fine previously.

Just tried android again and still wont go beyond 1.1.27

Have updated windows manual so can't check that one

Angelblue05

Odd, all the updates have been coming thru on my isengard. Current version is 1.1.30. Maybe try to uninstall the add-on and reinstalling it? No need to do anything but uninstall the add-on, it should keep your settings intact. Let me know.

enzeder

No change, uninstalled emby but repository still showing 27 when went to reinstall emby - then uninstalled the beta repository and reinstalled it - the beta repository went from from 1.01 to 1.03 but still shows the emby add-in as 1.30

Did same on windows version, two screen shots attached, first is from EMBY my-addins (30), second is when selecting EMBY from the beta repository (27)

All very weird

55c6e8da56d81_screenshot000.png55c6e8ed6d350_screenshot001.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, very strange....Will have to think about this one as I'm not sure what could cause such a weird bug. I get my updates almost instantly on all my machines... then again I'm the one uploading the version so!

One last thing you could try is delete the Addonsxx.db from Kodi (%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\Userdata\Database\). Then restart Kodi and see if the add-on is correct?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok, well if I discover the reason, I'll let you know...

Edit: If you discover the reason or find a fix let me know too. :) I think I'm seeing the issue. Very strange...

Edited by Angelblue05

hifiaudio2

Is a full database delete and resync necessary for the aspect ratio to show up?  I am on the latest Emby for Kodi beta but still get 16:9 for the movies I have written 2.40:1  in the space for the aspect. 

Angelblue05

Yes @@hifiaudio2

To test, you could always just modify one title, it should reflect the proper value. However, to update for what's already imported in your library, you will need to resync your library in to see it, unless you want to save refresh titles one by one in the metadata manager.... Lol

Edited by Angelblue05