Microsoft Edge

SSJ4Gokou

SSJ4Gokou

Hope someone can shed some light in this issue i am having with the web client.

Emby Server: Version 3.0.5675.1

I have an old HP laptop that i connet to my TV located in my bedroom. This laptop has been formatted with Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10. At this point the Web Client in Microsoft Edge was working just fine and i can play all of my videos. The laptop was acting up so i decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Once everything was completed i loaded up Edge and now i am receiving a Video Error.

I tried it in Chrome and it does work in that browser, but i cannot figure out why it will not work in Edge.

Edge worked before the reinstall of Windows 10. Also my Media Server is running Windows 10 and Edge is working just fine on that machine.

server-63574416000.txt

transcode-7c1cbc51-f2e3-477d-8c2c-9d0a779cf3b0.txt

bennymac

I'd trying manually updating the graphics drivers from the vendor. If it's onboard graphics like Intel you can use their autodetect tool from the support area of their website to make sure you have the latest drivers.

SilentAssassin

Totally unrelated to the OP but about Edge. Have you noticed it shows up in the dashboard as Chrome (so does WinPhone 8.1 update).

Also the reply to topic box in the forum doesn't work in Edge, I'm using IE to type this.

• Like 1

Also the reply to topic box in the forum doesn't work in Edge, I'm using IE to type this.

I think it does if you hit the button twice.

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

Test

edit....

Worked this time with only one press. The issue I was having was any text you typed would actually appear outside of the editor and then when you clicked post it would say it was empty.

Edited by SilentAssassin

SSJ4Gokou

Yup, I uninstalled and reinstalled.

I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled from the manufacturer. I also uninstalled and reinstalled from Windows Update. Still getting the same Video error.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having some problems with Edge and server version 3.0.5713.1. 

1) If I select a "view" from either the home page or the drop down menu, it shows "Movies" instead of the correct view name and shows all the movies in my library instead of those just in the view.  This seems to be the case on my Windows Phone 8.1 browser as well.

2) If I add a new media folder, it doesn't show up until I log out and log in again (might require an Emby server restart too).

3) Delete is not available for items in my library in Edge while it is in my Win Phone browser (for the same/only user acount).

Edited by cncb

Happy2Play

There are a lot of issues trying to use Edge and Emby.  I have to close and relaunch Edge very time I make a change to anything.