No Change Log updates in Emby addon releases

CBers

CBers

The change log information for the latest update to the addon says "0.0.1 - initial alpha release ".

Could the relevant file be updated with the changes going forward please.

Thanks.

• Like 3

scalda

This would be very nice if it could.

Also can you add the description to the Addon as well I can send you the one I changed manually on my system if you would like?

Added the desciption to the addon.xml file to look like this:screenshot021.png

changed the changelog.txt file to look like this:

screenshot020.png

Edited by scalda
  • Like 3

Angelblue05

Sure we can look into using the changelog and fixing the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

scalda

Sure we can look into using the changelog and fixing the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou

scalda

@@CBers or @@scalda the change log lives here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/blob/master/changelog.txt

it can be overlooked by the devs a lot of the time as we are looking at features and bugs etc.

Do either of you want to step in and help out? you could be the official change log updater and addon info curators :-)

It would just mean going through the release and finding all the new stuff added between stable releases and adding it to the change log.

why can't the details you post in the beta thread be added to the changlog.txt file as the version is bumped?

xnappo

Exactly.  This is an excellent opportunity for someone to step up to the task.  It would be greatly appreciated, as are contributions to the Wiki.

AngelBlue05 spends a TON of time on this, and the rest of us spend a lot of time - since this doesn't require any coding knowledge, someone else should step up.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Well for the changelog I don't mind doing it, because it needs to be in the repo so before the zip is made...., but the description if already done, you can either share here or push it to Github.

Edit: NVM, I typed it out in like 30 sec. lol

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok... well I honestly don't mind doing it for now until someone steps up. :) Infact I have to push a version right now to fix an error I introduced.

Edit: I've added the description and changelog for 1.1.28. However if someone wants to add previous build changes, then yeah I don't have the time for that.... lol greatly appreciated if someone steps up to do this.

Edited by Angelblue05

scalda

Ok... well I honestly don't mind doing it for now until someone steps up. :) Infact I have to push a version right now to fix an error I introduced.

Edit: I've added the description and changelog for 1.1.28. However if someone wants to add previous build changes, then yeah I don't have the time for that.... lol greatly appreciated if someone steps up to do this.

I can do the full change log from the last stable release and then you can just add to it per version if you would like?

• Like 3

im85288

Agree with xnappo and null_pointer, Angelblue05 - spends a lot of time on this and coding, any way to relieve adding more tasks to her schedule is encouraged.

• Like 1

scalda

here we go i have done the change log file here's some images showing it on my system.

screenshot022.pngscreenshot023.pngscreenshot024.pngscreenshot025.pngscreenshot026.png

heres the change log file aswell: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8871364/Captures/Kodi%20screenshoots/changelog.txt

and here is my version of the addon.xml filewith the desription added: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8871364/Captures/Kodi%20screenshoots/addon.xml

Edited by scalda
  • Like 2

scalda

Thanks, I'll add it right now.

do you know 1.1.28 hasn't been pushed through to the repo yet?

Edited by scalda

Angelblue05

1.1.28 should already be in the repo. The change log and updated description will be in version 1.1.29, when we are ready to make a new build. 

scalda

@@scalda It is there? It's been there since 22:47pm....

i have literally had it just come through, and i'm been restarting loads this morning due to checking the files i changed very strange must be the a change in isengaud

Edited by scalda

Angelblue05

If you are using Isengard, you can find the check for update in the slideout panel under Add-ons.

55c48d876adec_screenshot010.png

Edit: Anyway, thanks to @@bigjohn we have an instantly updated repo (or very close). This means when we post the announcement, the build is already available to download.

Edited by Angelblue05

scalda

If you are using Isengard, you can find the check for update in the slideout panel under Add-ons.

55c48d876adec_screenshot010.png

Edit: Anyway, thanks to @@bigjohn we have an instantly updated repo (or very close). This means when we post the announcement, the build is already available to download.

i just had to google for that function as they had moved it.

and that's good about the updating just don't know why none of mine picked it up automatically.

i just updated my main kodi instance to the latest github and the description and change log looks good 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it is working well now.

• Like 1