Streamline loopback for new users?

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi @@7illusions, @@Luke

Hi guys been thinking about the loopback thing. Saw that 7 added a link to the wiki article if folks try to select a local server. Really good idea!. Would think we need to make it as easy as possible.

Running this from an elevated prompt also seems to do the trick. Please check me on this.

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4

Luke can this be incorporated into the server setup somehow?

Alternatively the wiki could be revised as follows. Frankly I am not sure if this any easier, I will leave it up to you gentleman.

Draft Below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By default, Windows 10 and 8.1 Modern UI Applications are forbidden to send network traffic to the local Computer (localhost  127.0.0.1) where the server is running.

To circumvent this restriction we need to enable Loopback capability for the Emby app.

This is a pretty easy thing to do.

Right click on the windows icon (lower left of the screen)

55c21233ddfdc_CommandPrompt.png

Run "Command Prompt (Admin)

Copy the following the line.

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4

Click on icon at the top of command window.

55c212e8e9305_paste.png

Select "paste" and hit enter.

A message will say "OK"

That's it. Emby can now communicate with localhost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway it is a thought. Only advantage is you don't have to download anything.

-Vicpa

it's probably a good idea. i was surprised they made it so difficult again in windows 10.