Lumute

Recommend movies or shows to other users

Lumute

Hi Guys,

I recently moved from Kodi with MySQL for lack of proper multi user management and server side support, I have to say I'm impressed with Emby. Together with the Kodi Plugin it really takes the solution to a whole new level, count me in among the supporters!

One feature I would like to see is the ability to recommend movies or shows to other users: I share my Library with close friends and family but it is a big library so they are always calling me to recommend them a movie to watch. It would be really cool if after watching a movie I can click a Recommend button and choose the users I think would like the movie, then it is displayed on their suggested movies at the top with the name of the user who recommended it... Sorry if there is something like this is already there, I am new to the interface and don't fully know it but could not find such feature...

Thanks!

Edited by Lumute
  • Like 38

Vidman

You could possibly do this with trakt already

Lumute

You could possibly do this with trakt already

Thanks, I checked Trakt once but to be honest, social networking is not my thing, I do not want to publish what I'm watching and have no interest on knowing what other people is watching... would I be able to just simply recommend a movie from my library to another user (not all) and that person be able to see what I have recommended without all the social networking stuff? also, would all of us need to open Trakt accounts and install plugins, etc.?

I also saw that you get advertising unless you pay for it, is that the case for the Emby plugin too?

I'll check it again anyway...

Thanks

Edited by Lumute

Angelblue05

It would be nice to have a sort of internal newsletter system [from server admin to users]. This way, it would make it easier to communicate any type of information. :)

• Like 2

Lumute

It would be nice to have a sort of internal newsletter system [from server admin to users]. This way, it would make it easier to communicate any type of information. :)

Mmm, not exactly what I was requesting as it would go to all users and for recommendations to be useful they need to be targeted to specific users... But, now that you mention it, that would be a really cool feature too... :)

Angelblue05

Yes, well I was thinking it would be possible to select the users it goes to lol. :) This way, any type of communication would be possible with one system.

Edited by Angelblue05

Lumute

Oh I see, yes that would do the trick and be quite useful actually... but you have to agree, the way I envisioned it is a lot cooler! :P can we have both? lol...

Edited by Lumute
  • Like 1

CBers

NuVue?

ebr

Oh I see, yes that would do the trick and be quite useful actually... but you have to agree, the way I envisioned it is a lot cooler! :P can we have both? lol...

Yes, I agree.  What you originally proposed would be a cool feature.

Anyone else who agrees, should hit "like" on the first post here.

xccxxx

Would love this feature also. I was planning on setting up a 'WATCH THIS' playlist to recommend stuff to friends and family, but I guess  I would actually have to set that up on a per user basis and there would be no real way for them to recommend stuff back to me. This suggestion is a hell of a lot cooler. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

We could maybe have a shared playlist between users? It could be treated like a channel, where you can select who has access to it and it would display under Home. Then it would be easier all around, you could start playing the content directly from the playlist. :)

• Like 3

K1ng_Lear

Push up,