DLNA devices no longer visible in Play To menu

Brian.Sexton

Brian.Sexton

Hi there,

I recently installed Emby server Version 3.0.5675.1 on Windows 7.1 Professional 64-bit Edition.

For a couple of days I could Play To my WD TV Live box and a Samsung TV with USB Wireless dongle.

Now these DLNA devices do not appear in the Play To menu, although they appear in my Network folder on the server.

Has anybody any ideas where I could look  to solve this?  What logs would be worth a look?  Are their settings in Windows that may be interfering with Emby's ability to see DLNA devices?

Regards,

Brian

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry System Architect but I do not have or use Emby. However I have a similar problem. I have installed Isengard and the first time I used it and enabled the UPNP/DLNA the "Play To" context menu appeared (trying to get it to play on my PS4 but I don't know whats happened, I have not made any changes to my system or Kodi the "Play to" has disappeared. The UPNP is still enabled and my PS4 can still detect my Kodi!! still won't show. 

The same thing happened on my android phone, I enabled the UPNP and it showed the Play To, and then it's disappeared however the PS4 can still detect the other Android Kodi (as I've renamed both versions). 

I've restarted my machine several times and my phone but the option won't show :( 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Luke,

possibly but I believe it's not an Emby issue. IF Brian is facing the exactly the Same issue then I believe it could be something wrong with Kodi or the Setting files or something else. 

Well it's not exactly the same because the OP is using emby and you are not

Hi Vidman,

Expect for that. The issue is the same, is it not? But nevermind I thought I get help on the same issue with the "Play to" disappearing. Thanks anyway. 

Sometimes I have to wait for emby server to discover my DLNA devices if I restart the server and the devices are already on.

For example, my Xbox one will be discovered by emby immediately if I restart it after the server, but takes a while for it to show up as a "play-to" device if I restart the server and it is already on.

I dunno, just something I noticed which might be of help.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Sometimes I have to wait for emby server to discover my DLNA devices if I restart the server and the devices are already on.

For example, my Xbox one will be discovered by emby immediately if I restart it after the server, but takes a while for it to show up as a "play-to" device if I restart the server and it is already on.

I dunno, just something I noticed which might be of help.

I see the same thing with my older Samsung TV.  Sometimes it will take a minute and sometimes 5+ minute.

• 1 year later...
dyleck

I started using Emby recently and unfortunately I am affected by this problem. What helps me is to go to Server Management -> DLNA and then save without chaning anything. 

I started using Emby recently and unfortunately I am affected by this problem. What helps me is to go to Server Management -> DLNA and then save without chaning anything. 

Hi @@dyleck, that sounds coincidental but welcome and thanks for the info !

dyleck

Hi @@dyleck, that sounds coincidental but welcome and thanks for the info !

I've faced this several times already but you might be right as there were several restarts of both server and renderers involved. Since yesterday no such thing happened. I will keep watching it.