Live TV won't work unless on LAN

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

I'm using server Version 3.0.5675.1, up to date android client, and ServerWMC.  Ever since the swith to LibVLC I can only watch Live TV if I'm on my LAN the minute I go to 4G, or an outside wireless network I get "playback error, there was an error processing your request.  Please try again later" message box.

known issue for the moment. in order to facilitate direct play the app is assuming it can directly access the tv url

JeremyFr79

Ok, been so busy in life haven't been able to keep up on the forum so was unaware it was a known issue, ETA? for a fix?

• 1 month later...
overtime39

Hi,

I am having the same problem with EmbyServer Version 3.0.5724.4 as well. 

I am running Emby via docker on a Synology 1812+ with an HdHomerun Extend.

I went from an older version of EmbyServer with a live tv plugin which could stream outside the network to the newest stable version which can't.

Really thought I did something wrong on the install process. Glad I found your post.

Nice that the HdHomerun Extend is doing all the transcoding now instead of my Nas.

Really looking forward to streaming the football game on days I have to work  :D 

• 7 years later...
30 minutes ago, Milldor said:

It's not a new issue... I'm asking if you've attempted to fix something that's not been working for 7 years. 

Yes, Live TV works just fine on both the LAN and WAN. 

If you're experiencing an issue we're happy to help.

Thanks !