1.1.17 Playback doesnt start

kolbasz

kolbasz

Seeing weird behavior when I go to start a video.  It is in the library synced all good, but when I say play, it comes back and tells me media is not available.  The path is listed as plugins://

I am not sure if the path is right or not, but I have 2 questions.  the first being if this path is normal or if we know why this would report like this with the path.  the second being, I remember there was talk of adding a setting to allow emby on kodi play without the server being present.  My thought is that if the issue in this case is the server, then having it not need the server to play gets me by. 

However, at the same time, I would be curious as to why it happens anyway since the server is online when it happens.  I often have to reboot kodi, force manual sync, etc, and then finally it will play.  I have 3 players and this only happens on the one.

xnappo

Please post a log.  See 'how to report a problem'.  The option you are talking about is the 'Use direct paths' options - but lets debug the issue you are having since you should not need to do that.

kolbasz

Ill look to see if one still exists since I did a bunch of reboots.  I will post it if it does, otherwise, I will post it next time i see it.