All working, but no subtitles

leme
Go to solution Solved by cmcg,

FrostByte

I think you're going to have to wait until chessdragon136 can make changes to the app.  As he stated earlier in the thread server changes have caused the app to stop displaying subtitles in some cases.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

For the benefit of any other visitors to this topic, subtitles have been working well since version 0.593.

@@ricknds

You can change the subtitle colour under user settings. But I noticed there was no option for yellow, so I added one for you! Grab the latest beta 1.0.0r

565ab8592eb9a_UserSettings.png

• Like 1

hello,

i have recently installed emby server , have setup the media server, my samsung tv recognizes the server, the video files are showing and playing but the subtitles are not showing. The subtitle title is the same as video name in .srt format. what am I missing? is there any other setting i need to do in order for the subtitle to show?

thanks in advance for the reply

FrostByte

By default they will not play automatically.  You have to hit the tools button, scroll over to subtitles and select the subtitle you want.

To make them play automatically you need to go change the server settings in the app, or your settings within the webclient

• Like 1

Hello there,  I have two quick questions.

* Is there anyway to have shadow for the subtitles ? plain white is kind of disturbing...

* Does it work with subtitles other than external .srt ? ( vobsub within mkv for exemple ?)

Thanks in advance

CBers

Hello there, I have two quick questions.

* Is there anyway to have shadow for the subtitles ? plain white is kind of disturbing...

* Does it work with subtitles other than external .srt ? ( vobsub within mkv for exemple ?)

Thanks in advance

You can choose a different colour in the Settings.

@@CBers, I know what he's talking about.

Despite the legend in other colors give us a better viewing, if you add a black border (which would be even better than shadows) in the subtitles, they will be incredibly better.

I posted up some pictures on other topic that exemplify this.

Enviado de meu TA7801W usando Tapatalk

FrostByte

I think that's why there used to be a transparant gray background for the subtitles line in previous releases (it may still be in the stable release 593).  If a black outlining of subtitles text isn't possible then maybe there can be an option to have the transparent background again for those who like it.

mustang07cs

Does anyone now why i can't get srt subtitle to work when playing mp4 files.

If i change the container to mkv whey are working perfekt.

My television is a UE55ES8005.

​Emby server is on a Qnap TS-451.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by mustang07cs