Refresh Guide Task Issue

blade005

blade005

Luke / ebr,

What does the Refresh Guide Task support? Is it Live TV only, or does it support something else?

I have been having major issues with the Emby Server becoming unresponsive over the last few releases and have not been able to isolate the reason. The one thing I did notice is that when I could not access any items to Play with the WebUI that the Latest Recordings section of the ServerWMC plugin would not display/populate on the Home page.  If that happened, then I could not access any items in the library. If it eventually did populate after repeated tries then the library was accessible.

To test further, I uninstalled the ServerWMC plugin that supported Live TV and restarted the Server. For the most part, my library is much more responsive, but there are still occasions when it becomes unresponsive.  When this happens and I check the Server dashboard, I notice that the REFRESH GUIDE task is attempting to run and is stuck at 0%.  If I stop this task and then wait what seems like a very long time (10+ minutes) for the task to stop, then my library immediately becomes accessible again.

I thought the REFRESH GUIDE task was there in support of the ServerWMC plugin, which is now uninstalled.  If I check the Scheduled Tasks section the Refresh Guide task is no longer there, but it is obviously still being triggered for some reason.

Any ideas on what I should do or check to prevent this task from attempting to run now that I have removed Live TV support?

Edited by blade005