[Emby for Kodi] some video items failing to play

siu99ss2

siu99ss2

Hi,

Some items are not opening correctly.

I am using the latest stable version 1.1.13 with Kodi 15 (also tested on Kodi 14.2) on AFTV. Theme is Arctic Zephyr. But also doesn't open in default theme.

I've attached a log file and can see a number of error but not sure on how to correct this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1111.txt

xnappo

It looks like you have 'Play from HTTP' enabled - did you do that on purpose? Turn that off for now.

Is your Emby server Windows or Linux?  How do you have your paths to the libraries specified? 

siu99ss2

Hi xnappo

I'm using Emby on a Windows 7 Pro (x64) server. All media files are added to Emby Server using UNC paths only (pic attached).

The Amazon FireTV was trying to play the files remotely.

I have managed to bring the AFTV home and test by connecting to my LAN and ran the following tests:-

Remote playback with Kodi - fail on some files

Remote playback with Chrome - all play

Remote playback with FireTV Emby - all play

Lan playback with Kodi - all play

Please let me know if you require any further logs or information. I plan on testing with the beta version tomorrow (1.1.17) to see if that helps to fix the problem.

Thanks.

post-1057-0-94856900-1438032634_thumb.jpg

siu99ss2

Hi,

I've attached 3 files:-

1. Emby server log - Captures data during both remote and lan playback.

2. Remote playback log - Attempt to play files with 'play from HTTP instead of SMB' enabled. 2 out of 3 movies fail to play

3. Lan playback log - Attempt to play files with 'play from HTTP instead of SMB' disabled (no other settings changed). The same 3 movies play correctly.

'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' bitrate set @ 3.2mbps. My upload speed consistently achieves 12mbps at all times. No other traffic on network during tests.

My lan setup is hard-wired gigabit lan.

Thanks.

Emby server log.txt

Remote playback log.txt

Lan playback log.txt

xnappo

The interesting bits are in the server log.  My guesses:

1. Mission Impossible does/does not have intros and LOTR does not/does have intros - and there is some bug related to intros (try turning them off?)

2. You do no have a temp path set up for transcoding on the server

Does it work fine remotely with a web browser?

siu99ss2

Hi,

1. I've uninstalled the intros plugin and checked to make sure cinema mode was also disabled.But playback still fails.

2. I've added a custom path for transcoding folder (using unc path). But playback still fails.

3. Remote playback using any other app or web browser works perfectly, even over a 3G connection. Tested approx 50 movies with Emby for Firetv, Emby for Android, iPad app, Google chrome web browser.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test.

Thank you.