Feature request: Download functionality

willbroadley

willbroadley

Hi,

Please can I request the ability to download media onto my Android device as well as the ability to stream.

My wife and I currently use Remote Potato to stream or download media (e.g. recorded TV) onto our phones/tablets from Windows Media Center. This way we can watch even if the connection isn't good enough to stream.

With windows media Center being dropped by Microsoft in Windows 10 I think Emby for Android will be a good replacement for Remote Potato but it's missing the ability to download content such as recordings in the Live TV section

Could this be possible?

Will

It's already there. There's the sync feature, and the manual download feature.

willbroadley

Thanks for your quick responses.

I can see the sync and download buttons in the Movies and TV Shows sections but those buttons aren't available in the Live TV section when I go to recordings.

Please can I request the manual download button to be added to that section of the app? I think the available buttons should be the same as the Movies and TV shows sections

Thanks, Will

llygoden

It's available against individual tracks not against Album/Artists sections.

It would be useful to be able to download a whole album, just queue the tracks and download individually rather than having to open each track and select download.

Edited by llygoden