Path Substitution - Am I doing this wrong?

ThermoDust
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

ThermoDust

Hey Again,

I am still trying to dig into why some media is being transcoded and one thought was the paths I was using. I have my Media content pointing to a network share without using path substitution. The content is local to the Emby server. Is this the correct way of doing this or should they point to folders then add share locations to path substitution?

55b539f9d325f_MediaLibraryFolder.jpg

55b53a014194d_MediaLibraryPathSubstituti

• 3 weeks later...
shorty1483

I second the OP's question.

Long time ago I created shares for my HDD Drives (U:, T: ...). When I enter the pathes on another Windows Client in Explorer, I directly will be redirected into the right folder.

Currently the shares are with user and password on my Windows Server. Do I have to give the share privileges for "Everyone" without password to make it work?

And do I have to create network shares for e.g. the Folder U:\3D Filme or is U:\ as share enough?

Currently, I am just able to get Direct Streaming to work e.g. on the Samsung Client.

55cdb8ecd12ad_Unbenannt.png

Edit: Tried Kodi and it Direct Plays, so everything should be right?

Edited by shorty1483

• 1 month later...

I think they are correct however, not sure the server uses it

I want to resync or refresh everything, but when i click resync, it says i need to pay?

the server sync feature and the kody sync feature are different things. the kodi sync feature is automatic. nothing you need to do.

• Like 1