Boxset bool key request

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Would it be possible to add a boxset key[bool] to {userid}/items/{id} ? Just to know if the item is in a boxset or not. This would be very useful in the event the item was in a boxset and was removed from it, at a later time.

Currently, we'd need to use "IsInBoxset", which is essentially a whole new call to the server just for this info. It's not very efficient since it's a value that should be verified every time a movie is updated. In Kodi, we currently have no way of knowing if the item should be removed from boxset. In the event the movie is removed from boxset in the metadata manager, a full reset - resync of the entire library is required to remove the item from boxset, which is not ideal.

Perhaps I've overlooked something like this in the api? Thanks for your time and consideration. :)

Perhaps another approach would be to have an API call that would retrieve a list of all item ids that are in box sets.

Adding the property you request would mean every single item would need to be verified against the contents of all box sets on every retrieval (or at least when this property is requested).

Since the requirement is specific to your syncing functionality, being able to pull all box set IDs in one shot and doing the check client-side may be a better approach...?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

We are already doing that, for boxsets. The problem is knowing when the item has been removed from the boxset. I thought it was worth asking to see :) but if it can't be done, it's alright. We always find a way. Might not be as elegant as I'd hope :)

Edit: would it be possible instead, to add a socket event like any other library changes for boxsets? As it is right now, if a boxset is modified, we are pretty much in the dark, unless the user also modifies an item inside the boxset. This would allow us to better react to the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

The socket approach will only help you if the app is actually up at the time though.

Maybe Luke will have a good idea...

Angelblue05

Ok :) well yeah, we already mostly depend on the socket already. So it would be a step in the right direction. But you are correct. Hmm.

Boxsets are the only thing out of our control right now. So I'm open to suggestions, thanks @@ebr.

Just try to use the api we have. Maybe you should look at it as collection-based instead of media based, and use the caching mechanisms that are there for it.

Angelblue05

Huh? Sorry I don't quite grasp what you are saying. What exactly are you referring to by "collection based" is there an api endpoint I missed?

yes, pull down the list of collections and their content as part of your library sync.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok I'll check, but honestly if a socket message could also be done for boxsets I think it will be better as well. Currently, when modifying a boxset, we get an empty library change websocket message.... If it could be filled with boxsetId and what was added, updated, removed or just the boxsetId if that's what was modified(like artwork, etc). This would be great as well, since nothing triggers when boxsets are modified unless the user actually modify an item inside.... Seems silly.

Edit: I see the collection api! but not at all what I want to do? Create a new collection, add or remove item from collection. I just want something to trigger our library sync when a boxset is modified. There is nothing right now. Anyway...will keep digging into a solution... I'd rather not have to remove every items from current boxsets to re-add them again.   :(

Edited by Angelblue05