Issues with Sync - 1.1.17

astraldragon

astraldragon

Hey,

I'm trying to set up the plugin and I think I'm having a couple issues.  When it fired it up detected my server and I got all the user information set up.  It does the initial sync fine, but when it is complete and I go into my TV Shows I only see the shows themselves, and inside there are no episodes.  I tried to configure the plugin both on the machine that has the server (Ubuntu) and on a Macbook.  Any ideas what could cause that?

EDIT - Each time I fire up Kodi, it does a Full Sync.

Edited by astraldragon
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I would suggest you stick to stable for right now until we announce the next beta version. Some merges didn't go thru correctly making the latest versions a little wonky.

puithove

I'm seeing that same result with my shows on a newly synced DB.

You can switch over to using the version out of the stable repo instead of the BETA repo, and it should work.

• Like 2

astraldragon

I was looking at my log and I was seeing a number of errors.  Basically saying it cannot resolve the path to files: "Path seems invalid: pathname".  Is that an issue with the beta or do I need to set up path substitution for a client PC to access the library on my server?

Edited by astraldragon
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's been reported by puithove and will be corrected next beta version. Thanks for reporting @@astraldragon :)

Oops I forgot to say, you should not have this issue with Stable.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

astraldragon

Yup, perfect.  Installed stable and it seems to be good.  Do we know when next beta release is coming?  Always interested to try latest and greatest (even if bugged)

• Like 1

astraldragon

Bear with me as I am still pretty new to Emby and this plugin.  I'm trying to get Direct Play to work and I'm having issues.  If a client and the server are on the same machine do I need to do anything special?  I set my config to point to localhost:8096 and set all the username stuff correctly.  It did the full scan and I could access everything, but any time I played a piece of media, on the server it said it was Direct Stream.

Do I need to set up Path Substitutions on the server if the client is on the same machine?  I tried setting the config to use local paths instead of redirects, but when I tried that I ran into the same issue as in the beta, all the shows were there but there were no episodes available.

Server is currently Ubuntu

Edited by astraldragon

xnappo

If this is a windows machine, use UNC paths for your media on the server (for now anyway).

astraldragon

Right now its not Windows (currently Ubuntu), although I plan to switch over when Windows 10 is released.  Is Direct Stream the only option on non-Windows?

Edited by astraldragon