CoverArt - Latest Media treatment hit and miss - Web interface

JustEric78
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

JustEric78

I searched but could not find this topic brought up.

I have had a problem for a very long time with hit and miss treatments in the latest media section of the web interface. Attached is two pictures, one shows the actual latest media section and the other shows the folders for the first two movies. One has a cleartart.png and the other it is completely missing for unknown reasons. I am guessing it is pictures that the scraper could not find that coverart requires? I was hoping to understand the issue better and possible either change the view on this screen so it shows the folder image instead or fix whatever is causing the root problem if it is my lack of configuration. 

I currently have latest media the only section on the home screen so this may affect more then just latest media but instead the view of the entire home screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Eric

PS: I just went back to the folder picture I took and noticed the banner picture is missing from the folder without the treatment so I assume this is the picture that is needed to create the treatment. That tells me the picture being used as the banner is probably Emby generated however, it must not store these banners in the folder as a banner.jpeg. Is there a fix for this or as I said aboe a way to change the way this view shows up for all users?

post-1083-0-92225000-1437757505_thumb.jpg

post-1083-0-73189600-1437757506_thumb.jpg

That is a view that is trying to show thumbs and when the show doesn't have a thumb it falls back on a backdrop.  Backdrops are never processed by CoverArt.  That is why you see the difference.

• Like 1

JustEric78

Is there a way to change the view to something more reliable instead for the home area so it looks better?

• Solution

I honestly don't remember for that particular view - check the preferences available.  But, for something like Thumbs you might want to just select a treatment that isn't quite so radical because a lot of apps are going to use backdrops for them when a thumb isn't available.

• Like 1

JustEric78

There is no way to change the view settings on the home screen as far as it looking at thumbs. It would be great if coverart would follow suit and if there is no thumb then it would treat the backdrop just for that screen but I assume that is more in depth of a solution then I am gathering from a coding standpoint. I changed the look of the treatment but that is disappointing, the home screen should really have the option to show folder or whatever other picture type one would like. I do not think t hat would be as hard to do. It seems like this option was there at one point but perhaps I am thinking of something else. 

when the server performs the image processing it is not aware of context and what you're doing, therefore your thumb or backdrop treatment will look the same everywhere but might not always be appropriate when image types are mixed together. we've talked about changing this although it would result in a lot of cpu pressure to have the same images processed repeatedly for different situations. the best thing to do if you want that display is to make sure those series have thumbs by using the backdrop as a substitute. unfortunately this is a manual process as we don't have a way to do it from the interface, but it is possible, and then they'll all look uniform.