long load times / no logs

trusselo
Go to solution Solved by trusselo,

trusselo

Having an issue on my father's computer, he is 4000km away so this may be slow.

I built the computer myself, installed all the software, setup MB, the library, ect. it was working flawless when i shipped it to him.

Now that it is in ontario, everytime he starts MBC, it takes from 3 up to 10 minutes to load, be-it the program started from the launch shortcut created on the desktop, or when opening Media Center first, then choosing the MB icon from there.

I this as you would assume is pretty annoying to him, we have previously uninstalled and re-installed MBC and server to no avail.  I also just got off the phone with him to have him send me the logs from 

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs

there were only 3 entries:

Configurator-6102######## - modified in August

MBClassic-6102######## - modified in August

MBClassic-MSI-########## - modifed Nov 20 2013

I have a feeling none of these are going to be helpful.

any suggestions?

The first two logs look like they are actually from October 6th.

One of the first things we do on startup is create a log so I'm not sure what to say.  Are you sure it isn't trying to run the program across the network to your machine or something...?

trusselo

It's the only computer in the house.. if the first thing itS supposed to do is create a log, and the first thing its doing is locking up, that should mean something. weird thing is the load times were fine when it was here in Alberta as soon as I shipped it to Ontario he opened it up the load times started taking for ever

trusselo

its attached to a network... but its the only computer.

I'll have a loook for server logs.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
trusselo

sorry its been a while since i could get back to this topic, fixed the issue with my dads computer.

It required un-installing and  re-installing MB Classic.

And as for the logs... turns out the option for "Enable Logging" was off in the configuration when we re-configured after install.

10-15 minute load times gone.