Looking for a way to cleanup watched content

techchad

e123enitan

The userdata database files.  You will also lose favorites.

Or, you could just use one of the interfaces to mark everything unwatched.

The userdata database files So where is file locate, Userdata DB directory in Windows 7.  You will also lose favoritesfine I have no Favourite 

Edited by e123enitan

Happy2Play

The userdata database files So where is file locate, Userdata DB directory in Windows 7.  You will also lose favoritesfine I have no Favourite 

C:\\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data

Happy2Play

You could use the Multil-Select option and unwatch everything.  Home screen-hold left click-select each library-three dot menu-Mark unplayed, but this is per user.

Happy2Play

@ Luke or Anyone  This weekend I rebuild my server several times with the expectation that all watch status will be clean and everything start afresh, but it appears that when I uninstall, the file that holds the watch status remain and keep reinventing. I am on windows 7, could you point me to the location where the file is kept so I can delete manually since uninstall process would perform the task.

Thanks  

Do your nfo files contain a user watched status?

e123enitan

You could use the Multil-Select option and unwatch everything.  Home screen-hold left click-select each library-three dot menu-Mark unplayed, but this is per user.

Nice, I will exploit both options, but why when you uninstall this file is left behind meaning it won't delete, I thought the essence of the uninstall is to wipe everything that was installed by emby

Thanks 

e123enitan

Do your nfo files contain a user watched status?

Sorry I don't get it, where could I establish that.

Cheers!

Happy2Play

Check Metadata-NFO setting it is the first option. 

ABNParatrooper

Wait, why would you delete the movies just because it was watched? What if down the road you want to watch it again. I would think a better option would be an option to multi select and chose set as watched. I did not go thru all the posts, so if this was asked/addressed already, forgive me. With that said, I would like that option to set a bunch of movies to watched. Well at least in the Roku feature.

Nice, I will exploit both options, but why when you uninstall this file is left behind meaning it won't delete, I thought the essence of the uninstall is to wipe everything that was installed by emby

Thanks 

When you do the uninstall, there is an option to "Remove all traces".  Selecting that will delete everything but that is not the default because we want people to be able to re-install the software without losing their configuration.

e123enitan

This is the issue, not every things is deleted if configurate is not wiped out. This should be an option for users to decided. I want configura etc to be clean nothing left behind.I hope it make sense.

I have done uninstall and reinstall several times yet the same config kept resurfacing, I hope there an option build into the uninstall which provide with the choice of a complete clean, or retain current comfig.

Anyway Thanks for your kind supports