pop up feature request

Vidman

Vidman

55b0d260423b3_Popout.jpgI find with recently added episodes I would rather go to series or show level than episode details so this is my suggestion for a change to the popup to allow this additional functionality....just the episode title in the header and clickable links to show and season in the body of the popup

• Like 3

MrWebsmith

YES.. the old popup used to have links to at least the show, but both the show and season level links i would like to see as well

• 1 month later...
Vidman

Just want to bump this as it seems things are tending towards forcing a arbitrary navigation style. where older versions allowed easier navigation between shows, series and episodes now there are less clickable links in the interface for example in episode/series views the arrows to link to next and previous episode/series has now been removed as well thus requiring users to go back a level to select the next item

Edited by Vidman

The next/prev buttons are still there for larger resolutions. I have only hidden them from smaller resolution screens because we're running out of space to put them. It is not my intention to permanently take them away, I just need to find a new placement for them. The previous location of top left, top right was always meant to be temporary because on the left it's very easily mistakable for a back button. Really the only reason they were in the top corners is because I went through this same decision pain last time I went over the design, and finally I just said enough is enough and put them there and figured I'd deal with it another time.

Vidman

OK would it be possible to add swipe gestures in the mobile apps to these views to skip to next/previous item? Also can you tell me if my original request is being considered?

Edited by Vidman

• 3 weeks later...
Vidman

Really not liking using the web client at all ATM... In addition to these issues there is now sometimes a back arrow that pushes the hamburger button across to the right so half the time I go to use it the pointer rolls across the hamburger which slides out the side menu and I end up clicking home rather than back.

Also in movie details when clicking more to veiw more cast it now show the entire cast and crew of the film which is just mostly white noise to me.... And then I click on say an actor like Jason Bateman and only get presented the movies I have with him and not TV shows

And then there is live TV separated into 3 items on my home screen - live TV, guide and recorded TV - with no option I can find to revert back to just I single live TV folder

Edited by Vidman

AdrianW

And then I click on say an actor like Jason Bateman and only get presented the movies I have with him and not TV shows

A few releases back there were some issues with people (cast), but I think that is fixed now, some of the indexing in your collection is probably now broken. Forcing some refreshes will help. Try the "Refresh people" task first, if that doesn't solve everything, then refreshes from within the metadata manager should work.

When I click Jason Batman I get 10 movies, 2 series and 3 episodes listed.