Server: Just scan new items instead of complete library

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Devs.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine and noticed, that every time I add new material to my media folders the complete library gets a rescan. This causes to a huge delay of the new items being added to the library if your entire library is as huge as mine.

Isn't it possible to just scan the new created items instead of all? Should be possible on Windows, dont know about other Systems...

• Like 3

aspdend

+1 - I like the sound of this - a limited scan of new items with a full scan done with the configured triggers

Happy2Play

Doesn't real time monitoring already accomplish picking up new media without a library scan?

Tranquil

Doesn't real time monitoring already accomplish picking up new media without a library scan?

The monitor just starts a complete library scan everytime you add or modify a folder instead of just processing the updated or newly added media.

send with tapatalk from my mobile

Happy2Play

I don't get a library scan every time I add new media.  I know because upcoming gets double images when I add new episodes and doesn't clear up until a library scan.

Vidman

I don't get a library scan every time I add new media. I know because upcoming gets double images when I add new episodes and doesn't clear up until a library scan.

That logic doesn't quite work, I am sure it is as Tranquil describes

Happy2Play

Ok according to my logs when I add new episodes and it is discovered by librarymonitor a full library scan is not initiated.  I will have to check again when I add a new movie.

Happy2Play

Ok some more testing and if you add Episodes to a series there is no library scan, but adding movies triggers a library scan.

So is this a bug or by design?

Edited by Happy2Play

I believe it was something we found to be a necessity due to all of the discovery processes involved.  It can probably be improved but I remember it being quite sticky.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...