Emby Classic/Server not updating after OS Crash

kornster
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

kornster

Good Morning All,

We recently had out Media Center pc crash and i had to rebuild the OS from scratch (It was about 2013 when i last did it) . The rebuild itself went well and i was able to get the Emby Server installed as well as the Emby Classic software as we use the Media Center in our lounge room. The issue we have is that both Tv Series and Movies are not updating their content since the rebuild, i can add content and it will just show the last movie or show as most recent before the crash. Other categories such as "Tv Series - Anime" are updating just fine. Its just these 2 categories. Its worth noting that we have multiple paths for the content of each category eg Movies is set to scan both J: & K: . I`ve tried removing all the metadata from one movie and then getting the MetaData fetcher in Emby server to fetch the data and it doesn't resolve the issue. I`ve also tried using an external metadata fetcher and the same thing occurs. I`ve checked the metadata manager in Emby Server and confirmed that both the old and new content`s "Date Added" tags are different with the new content being the most recent. Im at a loss here as to whats happening. Apologies if this has already been answered, ive been searching the forums for a few days now hoping that someone has some tips on how to resolve my problem but i just havnt had any luck and thus i need help from the community :)

I`ve uploaded some screenshot to my onedrive if that helps

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4EBCE3530A4FB9!123564&authkey=!ANUxXbSwK-6SJ5o&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Regards

• Solution

The Date added for Shrek appears to be in the future.

Also check the option in metadata that determines whether the file date or the date of import to the library are used for date added.

• Like 1

kornster

Thanks ebr, I`ll take a look now and report back. Sometimes i had dumb moments.

kornster

I'm pretty after playing around with it all today that my problem lies deeper than i thought. I'm seeing multiple entries for Metadata spread across all my drives from what appears to be the software i was using up until it died and now Emby may have downloaded metadata as well. At this stage i`m thinking of deleting all the metadata and starting over now that ive temporarily turned off metadata fetching for Emby Server. Unfortunately i live in Australia and am right on the edge of my monthly quota so i`ll need to try and fix this up tomorrow morning.

kornster

Update:

A whole heap of our metadata has the wrong date of the 11month of 2015. Unfortunately as my wife and i tried to resolve the issue it just kept popping up and rather than spending countless hours, potentially days trying to resolve this we are going to leave it as it is now. Hopefully after the November this year the problem will start to dissipate. Im pretty sure that the previous super old build/hardware may have been using the wrong system time the whole time and so everything had been tagged as date created on the wrong date. ebr was right in what he pointed out, i was just looking at the date format wrong. At this stage im going to say this is resolved.

Edited by kornster