Media scan getting stopped w/o reboot

ab123ga
Go to solution Solved by ab123ga,

ab123ga

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I add media to a folder that is set to immediately scan media, the scan will stop at some percentage. The only way to get things to work is to reboot the server. My latest movie add is stuck at 32% complete and w/o a reboot will stay there. Example of this is Salting the Battlefield. 

Logs = https://app.box.com/s/soevfeyipdbph1imnf2w

Ver =  3.0.5675.1

ab123ga

Done. i removed the folder so the startup scan can run then re-added the movie and folder. Again stuck at 32%. New log in same location noted above. 

well you only gave it 30 seconds. you have a number of plugins installed that can affect the scan, so try removing trakt, genre cleaner and autoboxsets. repeat the test and see if it makes a difference.

ab123ga

I'm not sure what you mean I only gave it 30 seconds. It is sitting at 32%. So it has been sitting there for at least 10 minutes and will stay that way unless I reboot. I also don't know how I would control time. I'll try removing 1 (maybe 2) plugins but my setup has been like this for many months and I've not recently added any plugins. This issue just started a few weeks ago...this is not long standing issue. 

• Solution
ab123ga

I've removed several plugins and that seems to have had a positive impact. I dumped tunein, vimeo, and email notifications. I don't get why having these all of a sudden halted successful scan but I don't need those plugins anyway. 

ab123ga

Well I don't know where else to look. I was not going to remove the plugins I use unless there was some certainty of what was causing the issue. I've added a few more movies as tests and it is scanning/adding the movies as quickly as before.