Strange dashboard behaviour in Maxthon browser

Ian-Highlander
Go to solution Solved by Ian-Highlander,

Ian-Highlander

Just upgraded to the latest release build (3.0.5675.1) and on restarting neither the top menu or the drawer menu in the dashboard work and I am just presented with a black box where they should be that doesn't have any menus in it and doesn't disappear on mousing out (see screenshot attached). Not sure if this has already been seen/reported and I just couldn't find the thread (I have searched) or if this is a new thing that no one else has come across.

Worked perfectly with every version of Emby (and MB before that for many versions) using Maxthon browser (v4.4.6.1000) until now so would be grateful for any pointers or suggestions of where I can look to resolve this. The dashboard itself works fine and displays as expected in the only other browser installed on the server (IE11) but I really don't want to have to use IE for anything unless forced to.

It may be a simple css/script loading issue, but rather than spend hours digging around blindly, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, I'm happy to do any testing/provide logs etc if anything will help diagnose this (I know my way round html/css/php/javascript etc), I've attached a screenshot of the developer tools console whilst loading that page which may point in the right direction (?).

Failing that I'll roll back to the previous release again if need be, but would much rather fix this and stay up to date.

post-22188-0-76208200-1437567232_thumb.jpg

post-22188-0-44768400-1437567235_thumb.jpg

Ian-Highlander

Server log attached (seems to indicate problems loading js map files not sure if that's relevant).

server-63573166208.txt

Edited by Antitheft2

i've never tested with that browser. i'm trying to find out if it's considered grade A based on feature support but it's hard to even find it listed anywhere :) i will test it when i have a chance.

Ian-Highlander

i've never tested with that browser. i'm trying to find out if it's considered grade A based on feature support but it's hard to even find it listed anywhere :) i will test it when i have a chance.

Yeah it's massively popular in the far east, but not one of the big "everyone knows it" names in the west, I've been using it since it was MyIE2 many years ago. Never had a problem with it until this last release of Emby though, it's quite strange, almost like a script isn't loading correctly or something, previously worked perfectly with every previous version of Emby (and MB).

Thanks Luke, if there's anything I can do to assist or test I'm more than happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

@

Hi,

I've done some testing. Can you go over to the Maxthon forums and open a ticket? Tell them the browser doens't work very well with Google's Polymer Library. Notice, it can't even load the website at all:

https://elements.polymer-project.org/

In Maxthon that just produces a blank white page.

Their forums are here:

http://forum.maxthon.com/

Thanks.

Ian-Highlander

@

Hi,

I've done some testing. Can you go over to the Maxthon forums and open a ticket? Tell them the browser doens't work very well with Google's Polymer Library. Notice, it can't even load the website at all:

https://elements.polymer-project.org/

In Maxthon that just produces a blank white page.

Their forums are here:

http://forum.maxthon.com/

Thanks.

Hi @@Luke

Many thanks for looking at this, I've raised a topic on their forums to see what their response is. http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/16333-maxthon-doesnt-seem-to-work-with-googles-polymer-library/

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Antitheft2
  • Like 1

• Solution
Ian-Highlander

@@Luke

Looks like the problem is the browser is using the old blink v30 core. There's been quite a few responses on that thread, the most relevant would appear to be this...

It would be because Maxthon is still using quite an old Blink core (v30) which Google have blocked, or the site just doesn't support it any more.

Using the above workaround seems to work fine. Unless there is some issue with that on your install then that would be the only option (short of changing browser) till Maxthon updates their core... which is apparently coming...sometime....soon...possibly...

They have however pointed out a workaround which does allow the Emby interface to work for me. Will have to see if the promised update is forthcoming at some point I guess and maybe reconsider my browser options if not (shame as I love the browser and hate most others lol).

Thanks again for the help  :)
  • Like 2